My own Version of Mark Kelly's Speed Controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Algar, Thanks!
I do have original tape pulley but with this foolish idea of mine ,to use fairly rigid suspension platform from zeiss microscop it may not work. I will need either rubber belt on tape pulley or thread pulley. I think it will be impossible to use tape on slightly bouncy table. Anyway I'll check how it sounds with suspension and without it, and also with different than this Kuzma inspired base (MDF or acrylic).I do not hold my breath about resoults at all ,just want to get over with after all these years ;)

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    907.4 KB · Views: 856
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 788
Algar has some documentation for his build somewhere.

This is all based on a design of mine which is now over six years old. I published it in Bas Horneman's now defunct online DIY mag, the 2006 issue 1 (PDF link) . Towards the end of the issue there's a long and occasionally erroneous article from me with many motor drive designs in it, all of which have subsequently been greatly improved. The DC drive is towards the end. The information in there will help you understand what the circuit is doing, which will help with troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.