My new SymAsym PCB design Rev_1.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi nelsonvandal,

Without trying a double or triple EF I can't say. But I do know from my testing that adding a CFP driver stage reduces the odd order harmonics by quite a bit. In Roender's simulations he found the CFP driver reduces 3rd, 5th, and 7th harmonics by about 20db. The cascode VAS has a similar effect on the even harmonics.

I think the listening test should be interesting.

I've attached a couple THD plots taken from my original boards with the same output devices, 50 volts rails, and 2n5551 inputs to compare with the new design.

Regards,

Al

Dear AAK,

Very nice plots. What is this "PHS" software you use? I tried googeling it but no results.

With kind regards,
Bas

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I am DIY entosiast, and i dont understand from schematics. I had build about ten amplifiers. All of them are from the internet and forums. I read the theme's of Roender for RMI-FC100 and i wanna make this amplifier, but it is expensive for me. Hard to find that expensive output transistors and match them. I like very much scheme's on AAK, and i have almost all the parts to do that. I made my own design of the board. The board is single side (easy to make by photo method). The dimension on the board is 80x90mm. It doesnt include the PSU. I place the psu on my designs close to amplifiers PCB, and with good ground wiring i dont have problem with hum or noise. I draw the schematic and design PCB for one day, thats why i need to check all for errors. If all is right i will continue with making the PCB.
I use Eagle 5.9. I will post pdf with shematic, and pictures on the PCB. If i make the amplifier and i am sure that the PCB is correct, and AAK allow me, i will load the PCB for making, who wont it. I apologise for my bad english.
Cheers, Christo!

Here is my design.

Attachments

• SYMASYM_SCH.pdf
    23.4 KB · Views: 444
  • PCB.png
    PCB.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Components.png
    Components.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • PCB1.jpg
    PCB1.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 992
  • 3D.jpg
    3D.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 496
the input ground point is at the wrong end of the 10 ohm resistor
No. Simply connect IN_GND to the lower end of C15 (SG).

GND is correctly shown at the bottom of R39. In this schematic GND is actually PCB Power Ground (PG).

However, check the GND connection of the base of Q8 & R2+R3 & C17+C18 & R32.
It may be that performance could be improved if this GND were not on the PG.
Could it be moved to SG?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.