My new CD-Shuttle!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Advice for all interested to this project:

If you want I can mail the CAD design (it's 2D - more practical), the schematics (of couse it's the first release so improvements are possible, rather natural;) ), the pic .asm (but the comments are in italian:xeye:).

I decided not to share the pcb layout (I want to leave some diy!):bawling:

However I would advise you that is really difficoult to reproduce this design as it it. Some pieces (especially the lid mechanics from obsolete gears and a printer) and some materials are hard ti find in the same size: 125mm and 150mm plexiglas, 8mm and 10mm aluminum, machined aluminum feet, teflon, etc
Also the mods to cdpro, the connections to the display pcb (in reality all the connections!), the reed relais placement ..:att'n: are not simple tasks!

So you've to be sure about your skills - Some reworking is needed! :smash: :smash:

I have seen an error in a message :D

The plexiglas is definitely NOT 125mm and 150mm (49' and 59' :eek: )... HUGE! ...it's 12.5 and 15 mm ( 4.9' and 5.9')

Is your italian the revenge on my bad english? :clown: :clown:
I think it is better to use english in the forum to allow the majority of the people to understand the comments!

I will send the file as soon as it will be ready!

I'm working for you!
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I wouldn't quite call it revenge... :devilr: Actually your english is far better than my addmittedly very rusty italian. I am very impressed with the quality of your project and am mainly curious to see how you solved many of the problems involved. I currently don't have the access to machine tools to do that quality of work, nor the patience to do it by hand!

Again it is a great job!:D

saluti

:clown: I was joking about your italian!!!;) :clown:

At the moment I'm translating the notes on the designs, they were in italian!! I need some time (I am also working to other projects).... be patient people!! Be patient!!

Here's another picture of the nice acrilic parts and the cdpro support:

Attachments

• mech_supp-panel_bot_2.jpg
    mech_supp-panel_bot_2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,558
Roberto

If you want I can mail the CAD design (it's 2D - more practical), the schematics (of couse it's the first release so improvements are possible, rather natural ), the pic .asm (but the comments are in italian:xeye.

I decided not to share the pcb layout (I want to leave some diy!)

pongiorno Roberto i would be very interested to see your project
plans/schematics/pic-assemler-code

would you please send it to me my email is dxy880@yahoo.com

you are numero uno, gratsieous

kind regards

Klaus herz PH.d

Ciao Roberto, lavoro fantastico!!
Non è che faresti una capatina da noi, quando hai tempo?
Ciao
Riccardo
Moderatore di www.audiofaidate.it

mrjam said:
Hi to everybody in this amazing forum! :)

I’m very proud to present to the diyAudio community my last work and to share my big joy!!! ;)

I passed last (many!!) months designing and building a complex CD player based on an excellent (tweaked) Philips CD-PRO2M module.
It looks like a NASA Shuttle – really high tech!!

Since the silk-screen printing still miss I am thinking about a name for it :confused: ...maybe CD-Shuttle (not really original but funny)!!
:att'n: ...hints are welcome!!

Caro Roberto:

How am I supposed to post pics of my new CDPRO transport after you posting yours? :mad:

I bet mine sounds better than yours! :D

Now seriously, you've got a fantastic looking CDP.
Congratulations.

As I don't care much about the looks, my approach (as with all my "designs") is the "Fred Flintstone look".
I got thick aluminium (7 mm) from a metal junk deposit and made a big square box when I realized that making a non-parallel walled box was going to be very hard. I used a 10 cm thick oak wood as base. I have not weighted it but believe me it is very massive (even without transformers). Three round wooden feet.
I bought the kit from www.diy-high-end.com/cd with 2 already made PS modules and fed everything with a battery and... voilá! :cool:
I say it was a simple project (the prove is I could do it ;) ). Four days for the box and one day for the circuit.
I'm using it as transport and it is surelly great at that function. Much better than NAD C542 that it replaced. Actually I sold this player at the same price that the kit costed me :cool:

The AKDAC with direct out is correct but not impressive. I think it needs another analog output section, but in my player I plan to use inside a DDDAC1543 MK II, through I2S.

Congratulations again and thank you for sharing.
Mauricio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.