My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dont rush off too fast. Seems you have much to share. So the eminance will act as a .5 in a 1.5 way, not considerng sdx, of course.

Am a little confused by the 1, 1.5, 2 ,2.5, 3 thing. Bud

He means, is the PM6A run full range with the eminece low passed and adding support to the PM6A, or is there a high pass filter on the PM6A where it meets up with Eminence?

Last edited:
I just bought a staple gun.
So I will do more work and see what happens.
If I was doing it again I would do 1.5" everywhere and brace the hell out of it.
I just wanted to copy what Dave recommends, actually I think Dave may indeed recommend 1.5" everywhere as his drawing shows but there was some confusion about it.
I just did 1.5" on the front baffle.

He means, is the PM6A run full range with the eminece low passed and adding support to the PM6A, or is there a high pass filter on the PM6A where it meets up with Eminence?

Just as I thought, I really am clueless most of the time. The PM6A and Delta 8 are to be in a two way series, not parallel, crossover. So, there will be more components and the values will be weirder than a parallel crossover. The Delta 8 will probably have an additional 6 db of low frequency roll of from an LR filter before the amplifier, the PM6A will also be affected by this, but not directly. The crossover will start out as 6 db per octave between PM6A and Delta 8, but I will not be determining where it ends up. 300 Hz is the starting point for this.

Bud

And OBs need dipole correction.

Note: 0.5 is BSC

dave

Yes I suppose you are right (regarding .5way), but you have the benefit of no loss in sensitivity plus improved dynamics. It might cost a little more but not much given the simpler passive network.

It really comes down to the fact I reckon OB sounds better or is as good for less effort.

Can't wait to build your box, they truly look beautiful. I will build it next weekend

Last edited:
Its really quite a surprise that the 5.6 cab can't reproduce a better bass response than the PHY OB.

Why a surprise? It's massively undersized for the AN15in unit, and on top of that it does not have any compensation for step loss. Undersized, mistuned box sans compensation = mediocre LF gain. Which is what you can see on the graph.

Last edited:
Scott is only one of many sources that i have found that say those boxes are poorly designed. Not saying that it means they are terrible, because things like the BiB should not work as well as they do, but many have stated that the boxes don't seem to be optimized, at least in theory. MH has heard them in both OB and the boxes, it would be interesting to hear his thoughts, although I believe he has said he is done with boxes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.