My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want a wide band for mids then how about the SeasFA22, or an Audio Nirvana Super Cast Frame 8"?
Well, the Seas appears to have a rising and jagged HF; the AN 8" also seems to rise, as far as I can see from reviews. In the past I have used Wharfedale and Audax drivers with whizzer cones, and preferred them without their whizzers. As a midrange, I don't need or want a lot of HF. Also I find sibilance issues really, really bug me, where I can put up with other faults.
Also, if someone like Nelson is prepared to give them a (cautious?) thumbs up, then I will consider them. Anyway, I've only just heard about the ANs!
I use Chinese designed and built amps, a TVC from Malaysia and a DAC from Taiwan, so a Chinese speaker interests, rather than discourages me.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks for the info Melon! Can we have a picture of your AN OBs? Just trying to get an idea of what that measurement means.

Also, can you measure the 15" ANs solo?

It looks fairly good. Some flattening of the response and couple of notches in the treble will do wonders.

Here is the circuit. This is for 20Hz bass boost. 40Hz is enough for me

Attachments

• 31072012269.jpg
    31072012269.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 220
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.