My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the frequency response 1 m on axis at a fraction of a watt

Edit: Need to install mic calibration. Things might change a bit

Attachments

• OB.jpg
    OB.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Great thread, and thanks for all the work Melon! I just built a pair of AN super 12" in a 5.6 ft ported enclosure. I used concrete form tubes and cast concrete enclosures (1/2" thick). Cabinets are very dead, but now i'm wondering if the drivers need a front baffle for reinforcement. They sound quite nice, particularly on simple voice / guitar / piano etc. On tracks with more going on they seem to get congested. I am also starting to wonder about highs. Some drum sounds just seem to "die" rather than resonate -- but that could be more of a recording issue. Unfortunately I don't have a good reference speaker to compare them to (or measuring tools). It sounds like you are very happy with the highs on the AN 15" -- I may have to look into trading mine in and starting over. Thanks again for all your insight.

Unfortunately I don't have a good reference speaker to compare them to (or measuring tools). It sounds like you are very happy with the highs on the AN 15" -- I may have to look into trading mine in and starting over. Thanks again for all your insight.

Consider getting some headphones to compare your speakers to.
My favourite is the Denon AH-D5000. The AKG K701 is also good but quite different. You need to demo them to know what you like

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.