My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like live music, both orchestra in the big posh palace and loud rock in the pub basement. In the first case, the orchestra, I'm usually not close enough to pick out the position of instruments, but rather the whole concert hall is full of wonderful sound. Stereo simply has no place there. In the second case, it's usually so loud that that the sound comes from inside your head. Stereo has no place there either.

Dianne Krall - good choice.

I agree. Like the early mono setups. Very room filling (wide dispersion). Think jukebox in a bar sound.

But anywho, I'm glad you like the drivers. I'm still waffling.

I'd like a large open baffle (the phy one), but I'm not going to make the huge thing for a single 5" or an 8" driver. The flying wing is close, not quite as wide as big phy open baffle. It is a vmps rm60, 7" wide front, 6' tall, with 2 baffles 2" think mdf sweeping back, 22" wide open in the back, I think 18" deep, with a removable foam thing (like I think).

But it is a nasty 3-way, unlike our precious full range drivers we cherish here !!!!!!

pics at bottom.
CES 2007 pics

Norman

What can I say? It's an early vintage style driver, so figured an early vintage mono alignment driven with a high output impedance for spinning what's left of my mono vinyl collection.

For modern systems that typically require some form of passive EQ to mimic vintage, the above system would ideally need to be 2x larger, so 'BIB' will always be the default alignment in my DIY Speaker 'Cookbook'.

GM

What can I say? It's an early vintage style driver, so figured an early vintage mono alignment driven with a high output impedance for spinning what's left of my mono vinyl collection.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

For modern systems that typically require some form of passive EQ to mimic vintage, the above system would ideally need to be 2x larger, so 'BIB' will always be the default alignment in my DIY Speaker 'Cookbook'.

+1. Only trouble is, I don't have the space... :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.