♫♪ My little cheap Circlophone© ♫♪

Update

For all members who subscribed to the Inverted J-FET PCB order list:
If have confirmation that the boards are produced, I am waiting for the boards to arrive in the Netherlands. It may take up to another 10 days.

For anyone who is interested: i have two spare and fully populated boards available. Version 1.0. (See: post #1212)
Leave me a PM for the populated boards.

For all members who subscribed to the Inverted J-FET PCB order list:
If have confirmation that the boards are produced, I am waiting for the boards to arrive in the Netherlands. It may take up to another 10 days.
Be sure and let us know when it is time to pay the bill.

I sure would like to have the performance of a Circlophone with the negative noise floor and big dynamics, And, I would like one that has a different sonic signature than the one that I have built previously.

Mosfet54; the answers to your questions can be found in post #1212

Daniel; I will update the B.O.M. and make it available for all who ordered the PCB.
If you looking for a complete Digi-key orderlist for the inverted J-FET Circlophone: member Karl vd Berg has this list available. I think he is willing to provide this orderlist.

Mosfet54; the answers to your questions can be found in post #1212

Daniel; I will update the B.O.M. and make it available for all who ordered the PCB.
If you looking for a complete Digi-key orderlist for the inverted J-FET Circlophone: member Karl vd Berg has this list available. I think he is willing to provide this orderlist.
Piersma, there is nothing at #1212 :D
nothing compares it with quasi. Maybe its better as i think. :p

Evaquad

Rule N°1: never misunderestimate Eva, she is smarter than you, me, and a good part of the forum's members put together.:cool:

Look at the first pic: with an input of 700mV^, a saturation occurs, but the EvaQuad shows no phase reversal, unlike the standard circuit.

In the standard quad, Q1's collector waveform is in phase with the base voltage: this means that any feedback caused by a combination of input resistance and Ccb capacitance will be positive, increasing instabilities.
In the Evaquad, Q5's collector has 0V AC potential, and this couldn't happen.

Moreover, should Q6 be used as an input, voltages at out2 and tp1 will be antiphase, meaning that Q9's capacitance will play its normal role of Miller and contribute to stabilize the thing.

Rule N°2: do not misunderestimate me too much either. :D
The second pic compares the linearity of the two versions: the raw Xquad is superior, because the cancellation effects are more accurate.

dear Elvee!
some time ago Eva published a schematic of mosfet amp (IRF540/9540 if I remember correct...) with her input quad
but now there is no sign of it...
do you remember her design or do you have that schematic?