My latest project - DAC + headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree, I think this should be moved over to GB, I personally don't venture over to the Digital forum very often, the only reason I saw this was because it was on the main page. I think we may be able to get more potential buyers if we post there.

Thanks,

Josh

Geek - 1
mbcouple - 1 or 2
Ryssen - 1
jleaman - 1
edjosh23 - 1
naz - 1
matjans - 1 or 2
PM650 - 1
chengtaw - 1
AndyB - 1 or 2

Geek said:
Maybe Gmarsh (or someone) can provide programmed parts? :confused:

I can't program the thing either.

You should offer to gift a PCB or two to someone who can? I may be wrong, but if gmarsh provides the code, all that needs doing is flashing the code to the microcontroller. How hard can it be?

If I had one of the programmer units I'd offer to do it. It'd be fun to learn.

The programmer isn't that expensive. And you can keep it around for future adventures with microcontrollers. :D

There's a few ways you can go.

AVR ISP - From Digikey, $29 USD for the original RS232 model and $34 USD for the far-superior MKII model which connects via USB.
Ponyprog serial - http://www.lancos.com/prog.html - built using a few resistors/diodes/zeners and a transistor.
Ponyprog parallel - Schematic's there too. Requires a 74HC244, diode, resistor and a cap.

gmarsh said:
AVR ISP - From Digikey, $29 USD for the original RS232 model and $34 USD for the far-superior MKII model which connects via USB.

That's a little cheaper than the one I can get here (and it's assembled!), but is it ISP only? For one person to do all the flashing for everyone prior to assembly you'd need an extra module and the appropriate ZIF socket with the unit I'm looking at. That brings the cost up quite a bit.

Still, for $34 it'd be well worth having around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.