My first DIY speakers -- full range bookshelf.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Take a look at this thread, looks like a couple guys recommend the 120 and 100 of those woofers. He has measurements in 0.25/ft3 at 1m too (very close to manu spec sheet)
[/HTML]Paging "Navy Guy" Please answer the pink customer phone Re: 5FE120 - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video Discussion Forum

Boy, the frequency response graph on his Fatial Pro 5FE120 looks a LOT worse than the graph I got from the datasheet---horrible dip at 50 Hz and a big peak at 210Hz. Hmmmm.....wonder which is more accurate??

Well it's been close to two years and I didn't get any further. I dreaded building the boxes to be honest. I needed to put dog holes in my workbench and was working on plans for that and got busy. This speakers have just been sitting on the shelf and been stuck with my RS2001's.. I really want to try out these better speakers.

Should I try them with multiple layers of foam board or perhaps multiple layers of cardboard? Just to get them going? I can do that easily.. handy with crafting with cardboard and foam.

Or maybe I should just pay someone to make me some pretty cabinets. Anyone know of someone who could make some cabinets for me? Want them veneered and finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.