My DIY speakers all sound kind of muffled

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a local selling what he says are the Songs woofers... but the magnet is a big ferrite ring! ha ha! Barely looks like it.

Over here, I made a boom-open-box with salvaged parts. I picked up a JLAudio 12", couldn't make a good enough box for it that was mobile enough, so I went open. A couple of rusty from salty air fullrangers and since I blew up my little 2.1 D amp, I combined a mini bass amp with an old TPA3116 I had.

Projects sound surprisingly loud and far. I will add some protection and a handle. That will be it.

Next will be to try it with my electric ukulele!

Attachments

• IMG_20180413_114920.jpg
    IMG_20180413_114920.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 171
Hi, as this trend of DIY speakers with those tda7492 and tpa3116 amp boards is growing, I gave it a shot and started building some speakers. I built a small one with this drivers (AIYIMA 1pcs 1.5 inch full range 4ohm 10W 40mm Fever Bluetooth wifi speaker strong neodymium loudspeaker-in Portable Speakers from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to clipboard) and this 2*5w amp ( Bluetooth Power Amplifier Module 4.0 Audio Receiver CSR8645 APTX Dual 5W Speaker Audio Amplifier Lossless Band Talk Function-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to clipboard), but in the end, it all sounded muffled, than I build a bigger box, and bought another pair of the same drivers and used this amp (2 X 8 Watt Class D Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Amplifier Board - Tsa2110a | eBay), but I'm the end, it also sounded muffled. The design was a sealed box with a passive radiator, without any foam or stuffing inside.
I thought it was due to the drivers so I bought different bigger drivers
I build a box with the front panel of this size 33cm*12cm. I used a 25w 7492p amp and tried it with the box closed and with the back panel with a little gap and in both ways, it sound muffled... What am I doing wrong??? Is it the drivers? The design? The amp?? The lack of stuffing? Every speaker is sounding a bit muffled and distant like the music is coming from inside a box.. really weird

Sometimes a complicated problem might have a simole solution..
1st.. the driver is not bad... i upgraded from a peerless tc7 w.t inch drive to this and feel this has a better low end..

Regarding your problem.. have you did a 9v battery test on it..?
I did and all the drivers are marked with wrong polarity, which confirms why your sound comes from inside..

Try connecting with a reverse polarity and let us know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.