My design L20D IRS2092+IRFI4020H 200W8R

yes that's missing. I started the job. Did not yet identify them all.
The parts ref are those from the IRAUDAMP7S reference design, page 30. It's a L25D board picture.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

it's a preview of work in progress and there might be errors at this stage. I just found one ;)

A question at this stage :
The reference design BOM recomends ultra-fast switching diodes for D3, D5, D6.
The kit comes with 1N4007 which are not known to be ultra-fast.
Is this something to worry about ?

You can be assured.Component configuration of the tube model UF4004, VISHAY, or MIC.
Parameters, it is the recovery time is 35NS. And MUR120 are the same.

Otherwise stated 22UF capacitor, they work within the regulator DC15V.
Pressure values ​​of more than 25V fully meet the need. Higher withstand voltage of the capacitor in order to reduce the capacitor the ESR.

Higher withstand voltage of the capacitor in order to reduce the capacitor the ESR.

That's interesting; are you sure about that?

I would have thought the opposite, because if you make a 50 V cap from two 25 V caps by connecting them in series, the ESR is doubled.

I don't know exactly how they make higher voltage caps, but one way would be with thicker dielectric material, and that would increase ESR.

That's interesting; are you sure about that?

I would have thought the opposite, because if you make a 50 V cap from two 25 V caps by connecting them in series, the ESR is doubled.

I don't know exactly how they make higher voltage caps, but one way would be with thicker dielectric material, and that would increase ESR.

Capacitor of the same capacity. The greater the pressure, the greater the volume.

Height is inversely proportional to the ESR and capacitance when the capacitor height is higher, the internal anode aluminum anode paper, the greater the electrolyte area.
The smaller the impedance.

Attachments

• ESR.jpg
    ESR.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 1,138
So is there anyway to BRIDGE two L25D modules? and what would the power rating be?

Bridging is "not supported" on the L20D equivalent in the reference design document(links to it are elsewhere on this thread or on the L15D thread), and the L25D is even higher power than it (a variant not discussed in the Ref Doc).

I'm not sure what would happen, but if the components are not capable of handling the load, it would probably end unhappily....

The L15D on the other hand should support bridging (500W@8ohms). The Reference Doc provides a bridging circuit..

re-read my sentance above. really unclear :eek:

to make it simple, it seems to me that 2xIRFB4020 mosfets are functionnally equivalent to 1xIRFI4020 half-bridge integrated package.
Do I miss something ?

Yes functionally the same, however you missed something

IRF4020H-117P = Id at 100 deg C = 5.7 Amps Cont.
http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfi4020h-117p.pdf

IRFB4020PBF = Id at 100 deg C = 13 Amps Cont.
http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfb4020pbf.pdf
You should see the Pd numbers, its almost shocking to see the difference between the two.

This is why I am a fan of the L25D from LJM and the L25DE from hien.t.nguyen for use with 8 Ohm speakers

Last edited:
I believe the THD and noise floor is better with the L15 per LJM, you can get more power from L25 into 4 ohms, you better have a larger heatsink or a fan. I think you could blow away the power nameplate rating with proper cooling. The only drawback I see to the IRS designs is the heatsink is central to the board, menaing when really pushing it for long periods a fan is necessary. I am going to do a multichannel IRS amp using one of the two design mentioned above, my hangup is the fets not being moved to the perimeter like the LM3886/4780 kits