My contribution to this site...if anyone is interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ask myself, what you want to tell us, right here in this thread...

It is nice, that you show us some cables, but:

Where the hell is the DIY-Relation? From my Point of View, you want to develop a thing, that has been developed for years already.

Furthermore, you show us photos, but you tell us nearly nothing about the theory - in fact, most people aren't interested very much either, but you should stick to you premises.

Sorry - nothing bad to your side - just 2 cents from a new user...

bye..

I ask myself, what you want to tell us, right here in this thread...

It is nice, that you show us some cables, but:

Where the hell is the DIY-Relation? From my Point of View, you want to develop a thing, that has been developed for years already.

Furthermore, you show us photos, but you tell us nearly nothing about the theory - in fact, most people aren't interested very much either, but you should stick to you premises.

Sorry - nothing bad to your side - just 2 cents from a new user...

bye..

Now...my question to you Newbie..and the FEW others is this:

Did you not see these suggestions prior to submitting your response? If not, I forgive you. We all have a tendency to miss things.

Also, I have ALREADY developed these cables. I'm not LOOKING to develop these cables.

Continuing...In he beginning of this thread I ASKED if people were interested...and I got enough responses to make it worthy of my time. Like most people who decide to post here.

Is it that you just ...don't understand AT ALL what I'm trying to accomplish here? This is not a Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew mystery. We don't need to get Scooby Doo and the gang involved with this one.

Jesus help those in need.

I second that. 57 posts and nothing so far. Smells of marketing to me.

We've seen the finish, why postponing the start?

Not that I give a doo doo if your cable topic is being driven into the ground....

PETER!!!

Wow,what an honor:D

Man, I'm sooooo close to ordering my first project from you.

Finding the time is the main reason. Also, I'm a perfectionist so after realizing that I would have to start way into the thread...I thought that doing the blob would make more sense.

Spiro

Oh, BTW...

I will start the blob (...lol blog) tonight. I intend to begin with a small intro to about the pros and cons of all the different connectors that I have had experience with. With pics. It will mainly be of interest to those who would like to narrow down which connector they might prefer when undertaking their own cable build. There are some things that you just don't anticipate sometimes when you are ready to build.

For example...the Eichmann RCA's are excellent for a few reasons. The type of material used for the body avoids scenarios where sources of interference could be introduced into the system via the typical metal composition of the body. The minimal contact area that the center pin promotes, as well as the grounding contact...further reduce the chances of environmental interference. Also, resonance induced by the system and environment are minimal due to the nature of the non-metal material that the connectors are made of. BUT...the down side to using the Eichmann is the way they are designed from a purely functional perspective. The headshell screws onto the body. The headshell contains BOTH the positive and ground connections. The body has a set screw for securing the cable. When you push the connector onto the rca jack, there is an incredible amount of tension for holding the connector securely onto the jack. This is good. UNTIL YOU TRY TO REMOVE THE CONNECTOR FROM THE JACK!!! If you twist the connector the wrong way when removing (and almost in many cases you have to twist it to get it off from the tension), the headshell moves INDEPENDENTLY from the body. The wires, which are connected to the headshell now are free to rotate, whereas the body, which secures the cable with the aid of the set-screw, does not. This may allow for not only a short to occur, but also for the wires to break. Gluing the headshell onto the body is not easy because of the nature of the material that the Eichmanns are made from. Cyanoacrylate does not hold. One solution is to apply an adhesive lined heat shrink to the entire connector allowing the headshell, body, and incoming cable to act in unison when being twisted. Or, just don't twist the connector the wrong way when removing from the jack. But you have to remember to do this each time. Thats a pain.

Just a little into.

Spiro

I have a wireless network which provides access to 5 residence in my neighborhood. All good neighbors which I gave permission to use. I introduced a few friends to this site, and possibly they have become members. Is this what you may be referring to? I have DHCP service which allows them access...but ultimately, the router IP is the same for everyone.

Is this not allowed?

Not one but a pair, he listens in stereo.

Good things come in two's.

OK...im going to start in a little after coffee time...AND after straightening up this mess...:eek:

Attachments

• DSCF0419.JPG
    DSCF0419.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 689
Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Good things come in two's.

Good things usually come in heavy glass bottles, or a 36c.

...after straightening up this mess...:eek:

Looks remarkably tidy already.

I had the opportunity to design my own interconnects.

We all have the opportunity, it's not special.

I spent approximately 10K in materials, equipment, research and design, and hundreds of hours with trial and error.

$10,000 ?

I can't talk for others, but personally I think you may be full of cr4p.

(Have a nice day).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.