My "audiophile" LM3886 approach

Reactance - Yup should be the same price - there is a branch in C.T. aswell.

I received my package of PCB & components. PCB's are perfect quality and the labelling and neatness of packaging of all the components is really astounding. I just hope you're not using some sort of forced child labour Brain ;)

Pics of the package & contents available @ My Project Pics Site .

It won't take too long to complete. Probably do it on Saturday & report back.

P.S. The Sight & sound of reversed electrolytics is far worse than the smell of burned outtput transistors ;)

P.S. The Sight & sound of reversed electrolytics is far worse than the smell of burned outtput transistors
:hot: :D

and about ur project ....
Amazing man excellent work man I must say its nice to see my home boys are doing some great work !!!
Also do u make ur own pcb`s ?? im using vero board and its really sucks man !

Any idea if there a place in Cape Town that makes pcb`s ?? im trying to find one but non thus far !!! :confused:

I dont know how to make pcb i would rather let somone do it for me ! yeah even though i do pcb in trakmaker just to pratice i guess and it sucks not being able to enjoy the wonders on a pcb !:bawling:

Any cool man !

:)

Reactance said:
:hot: :D

Any idea if there a place in Cape Town that makes pcb`s ?? im trying to find one but non thus far !!! :confused:

I dont know how to make pcb i would rather let somone do it for me ! yeah even though i do pcb in trakmaker just to pratice i guess and it sucks not being able to enjoy the wonders on a pcb !:bawling:

I can maybe help you out with a board. not as cool looking as the ones from Russ and Brian but it is tinned and sounds great.

i can give it for you at Approx R 80. the overnight charge i think is R 38 but i can also post it

Cheers
Rudi

Brian - Thanks very FUN ;).

For this project I just ordered em from Brian & Russ. You could build your own PCB's but it is quite difficult to get them to come out nicely - especially if the board is double sided. Be carefull of veroboard, - not to say it doesn't work as I have had success with it - but I have seen nasty oscillations as a result of improper layouts / soldering.

There is a company in Capetown - Trax interconnect - that do good work, but if you are only planning on making a few channels it will likely be cheaper to get the boards from Brain/Russ. If you look on my site at the new Leach Amp boards - these were made by Trax. It was a R350 once off fee as well as +- R150 per board all excluding VAT. That was the price I got for 24 Boards though :D

PS - whats progress on the preamp & source selector?

Sorry got tired at page 30, where is the final circuit diagram for the Rev C? unfortunatley there was no circuit printout in the package (nudge, nudge, wink, wink), I assume connecting a component to every hole on the boards would not go down so well....

also with it haveing multiple ways of assembly it would be nice if you could make a list something along the line of

Rev A
Cx, Cy, Cz leave out
R1 replace with 56ohm

Rev B.....

monobloc schematic:

Attachments

• sch.png
    sch.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,453