my 1st ever D-amp, WORKING!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
actually, the diodes are gonna be used for the output rectifier of the SMPS. :D still overkill? 1 ohm load at +/-60V requires a good supply. I'm going dual ferrite toroids for this one.....

I'm thinking paralleled IRF3415's for the output stages and IR2112 drivers. recommend better devices? I'm looking for better devices for the mosfets but I'm sticking with the IR2112's since I already have some at hand. I'm probably going to limit frequency response to 1kHz at best. what do you think? clocked or self oscillating? I can go with any since I don't need synchronization because it will be a monoblock.

Ah I didn't realize they were for the supply. Whatever driver suits your fancy ya know? Take a tip from Eva though, use an emitter follower to drive each mosfet:)

With self oscillating you automatically gain alot of advantages for free that you dont' get with a clocked one without alot of added complexity. Personally I find that makes the choice very easy.

Looking forward to reading how it goes.

dude

I have been an electronics hobbyist for 14 yrs... I KNOW every single store WHAT they sell HERE in our area... sadly.. its only what they can offer.. they wont order parts that only I would use.... I
can get so little from junk shops... from repair centers, they wont sell scraps... ALL I use is either BRAND NEW or used PARTS from other working circuits...

I could order parts from outside but I have only a limited budget, and I am impatient in waiting for them :( .. I use what is available BUT I see to it that that part can do its work w/o blowing up due to being underrated, etc..etc..

THE SMPS for example, I only have 1 of them "ring type" ferrite core... I know I cant have another one exaclty ....If nobody can help me(technically) then I do my own experiments ..

thats ME, USE what is available w/o so much fuss in ordering/waiting... as long as its rating suffice... You are very lucky you live in Manila, w/c the center of trades.... wish I lived there too :D

I do what I can do.. and without waiting for unnecessary delay...

peace:angel:

USE what is available w/o so much fuss in ordering/waiting

same thing here. it's just that I would use something and most of the time, find something better to replace it with a bit later. :)

I have been an electronics hobbyist for 14 yrs... I KNOW every single store WHAT they sell HERE in our area... sadly.. its only what they can offer.. they wont order parts that only I would use.... I

then move here. ;)

im done!! finally

finally, my DIY UCD is DONE!!

now I can rest.. and move on to my other "waiting list" projects....

AMP has over voltage (power supply pumping) protection, has over current (speaker short) protection, has 1 second power ON delay, has ON/standby function, input OP-AMP buffer NE5532... uhmmm what else... oh yeah!! AND GOOD D-amp SOUND... :D RMS output?? more than 100W @ 4 ohms...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Cheers!! :D

finally fixxed my heating SMPS

Hello Sergio,

finally elimininated the HEATING:hot: toroid on my SMPS.... changed TL494 osc freq to (more or less) 180KHz.. resulting in about 90KHz at toroid switching freq.... and the core I use... was from my 1st experimental SMPS.. its a U-U core from flyback transformer... its output is less than +/-48 though... 6T+6T pri, I forgot about the secondary.. I think my goal for that core voltage was +/-36V for my classAB.... hhhhhmmmm seems like I need a bigger toroid core..... NO MORE HEATING of any parts on my SMPS.... Finally!! :smash: :smash:

BELLOW is the PIC:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.