Must See! -> the Flag thread turns into more booze

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Booze Ferry....

mrfeedback said:

Just like the (bloody) Swedes taking the ferry to Denmark with their trolleys and buying up in the local bottle shops and back to the ferry, eh Thomas. :)

Eric.

That's about right.

Last time I went, I bourght 15 kases of beer, 30 kases of coca cola and 12 bottles of snaps. The prizes in Germany are much lower. I only have to buy 15 kases before the gaz are payed for. I'm not drinking all that alone. - It's for me and the people living at my hall here at the dorm. :bigeyes:

Of course I cant legaly buy booze in Germany without declare it at the boarder, but the boarder is a joke. The customs booth are an abandoned ruin. If you have anything to declare, there are an mailbox, so you have to give you self up. Next time I'll take some pictures for you.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: HANGOVER

fdegrove said:
Then you must be a happily married t-totaller?

On my 3rd or 4th unofficial "marriage" and not a tee-totaller, just seem to have an allergy to alcohol. A third to a half of bottle of beer, as little single malt as you can get in a glass and still cover the bottom, a half glass of wine or a small glass of Bristol Cream is my limit. After that i'm under the table sleeping.

dave

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Oh dear.

Dave,

Must be fun to have you around at parties.:D

Reminds me of that ex-colleage of mine that invariable fell asleep at 3.00 AM in the morning no matter what.

We once had him sleeping standing up in a club,glass in hand and his bald head half tucked the inside of a big midrange horn going full blast.
Picture that one!:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Just noticed the header of your post Frank

"Father-in-law" Frank, you're not married to a British decendant are you?

That reminds me of a little ditty we had at a Japanese company I spent half my life working for:

The Best:
An American House
A German Car
A Chinese Cook
A Japanese Wife

The Worst:
A Japanese House
An East German Car
An English Cook
An American Wife

With apologies to the afflicted.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
MUSHI MUSHI*

D'Haen san,

Am I glad to see you're not using the ER thilty foul brue for the amp.

Mind you I wasn't laughing when I had these loaded Japs at the office,they bought the stuff,never discussed any prices and invariably left a years rent.

Err,I hope this isn't considered without content?

Well,they didn't know didley squatr about brue reds anyways.

Gin is poison man,so is Tonic....convert to a good Lussian Wodka.

Easier to pronounce when odering at the bar then G&T.

Hic, :dead:

Kampai to you too.

P.S.

Hope these did not came out of a sim?

1 KHz sine wave into 8 ohms

Distortion RMS Volts out Power out (V*V/R)
5% 18.0v 40.5w
2% 15.2v 28.9w
1% 9.7v 11.8w
0.5% 8v 8w

*German folk pls refrain from commenting.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
SIM=SIMULATOR

Gosh D'haen san,

Porygrot?

Me,no just getting along in a couple of languagues...

Cocker Spanielish,Blittz Gelman (only after a couple of Weissbier)
othel then that Flenchie of course.

Damn,what wlong with this keyboald?;)

P.S.My first employer was Japanese giant Sumitomo in Antwerp.
No need to ask where he learned his street Flemish.:rolleyes:

Nightie to you too,:)

There is nothing a Single-Malt Scotch cannot fix!?!?!

It seems that scotch and bourbon are out of style at the moment.

The best drink I have ever had, was from a ancient bottle of Glenlivet 1824 I found in a house I was demolishing. It was a beautiful thing. Probably 25 to 30 years old, not including the standard 12 year aging.

Dave, I can sympathize, I have never had a hangover, even though my favourite poison is scotch and bourbon, followed by our local Bundaberg Black, which is rum aged for 10 years, I have never had a hangover or been truly drunk. The closest was when I had to hammer a Wild Turkey & Cola instantly and then drive to an emergency scene, I could just feel that the edge was taken off of my reflexes. Thank goodness, I did not get caught by the breathalizers, cause I would have been locked up for sure.

All things in moderation.......

Lynn

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
BEST DRINK EVER

Hi,

The best drink I have ever had, was from a ancient bottle of Glenlivet 1824

Nah,you don't want us to believe that.
Do you?

Lucky b*****d,

P.S.
Bundaberg Black, which is rum aged for 10 years

Shall we visit the Caribbean together?
80 degrees of alcohol.Man I tell the carpet kept on beating up my face.
Honnestly,if it's a black out you want you can get it with this.
Rum did that,done that.

Shaggy said:It wasn't me.
I agree,must have been the rum.

Skoll,:devilr:

Glenlivet 1824

Yes, it was the best drink ever and it was an old bottle. I found it inside a wall behind the liquor cabinet in a house I just demolished about 6 weeks ago. It was old enough not to have a bar code or "sku" on the bottle.

Unfortunately, it did not last long, maybe 3 weeks at the best. It was a very beautiful thing. It had turned a honey amber colour and was so mellow and smooth. I had a new bottle of Glenlivet to compare, very different. Actually, I have been spoiled so badly, that I am looking for a new scotch. Any suggestions?

Bundaberg Black is a 80 proof rum that has been aged 10 years in oak casks that ends up somewhere between a rum and a bourbon in taste. Good stuff.

Yes, rum can give some people a blackout, but I have yet to have my lights turned off. I prefer my spirits straight up, and usually 2 to 3 shots in a glass at a time. Must be my German-Irish breeding?

Lynn

"Convert to a good russian vodka" Hell yea! Vodka always has been and always will be my posion. 20% vodka 80% Super sweet strawberry soda....Them carbonation bubbles make it hit you harder as well ;) i LOVE the way vodka makes it taste like your drinking aluminum. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.