Mundorf capacitors difference

I love my Miflex KPCU-01 0.022uF 600Vdc bypass in my modified KEF Q100 coaxial. Mill resistors is a good idea too.

Old pictures

Attachments

• KEF-Q100-crossover-with-Mills-06R8-5-watts-resistor.png
    KEF-Q100-crossover-with-Mills-06R8-5-watts-resistor.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 104
  • KEF-Q100-crossover-MiFlex-bypass-2.jpg
    KEF-Q100-crossover-MiFlex-bypass-2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: 2 users
From Jeff's place, referring to the Arizona Capacitors 'Red, Green and Blue Cactus' offerings:

...we were very impressed with the emotive ability of the Red Cactus Arizona Capacitors. The Red Cactus have a sort of 'glamour glow' about them that is very seductive, particularly in the way they present the highs & lows. They give the music a glamorous Hollywood glow to them that makes music utterly captivating, sensuous, and seductive. The Red Cactus are all about the emotion of music, and they are very compelling to listen to. The Red Cactus is that girlfriend of yours that likes to dress up in a revealing sequined dress to let all her ample endowments tease you, while she struts along on high-heels, with her hair flowing down to the middle of her back as it flutters in the breeze. Her perfume is perfection, her eyes sparkle with mirth, and she whispers seductively in your ear in an erotic tease that hints at the evening to come.

The Green Cactus Arizona Capacitors are very musically appealing, and they have a more rounded and smoother 'organic' style of presentation that is very appealing. They're a little softer on top, and less forward, compared to the Red Cactus, and a little less dramatic in the way they handle the bass region, but the mid-range is gorgeous, natural, and they are relatively forgiving of lesser recordings. The Green Cactus are the cute girl next door in her jeans & t-shirt, with her attractive natural looks, and easy to be with personality. She's your friend and likes all your friends (your LPs), and she wants to make your life better by being part of it. She's in it for the long haul, and her wholesomeness, devotion, and purity come through

The Blue Cactus Arizona Capacitors in many ways sound like a blend of the Red Cactus & Green Cactus Arizona Capacitors, which is actually a really nice place to be. They're relatively warm & musical, but they have more sparkle on top than the Green Cactus, more beat in the bass, and a more fleshed out midrange. This is the girl next door, but with hidden depths, a skimpy thong under those jeans, and nothing under that rather sheer t-shirt, a touch of blood-red lipstick on her lips that somehow managed to get on your collar as she strutted by your side through the night in her heels. She's at home as much at a rock concert as she is at a Chicago blues club, or a table at a jazz bar, or a fine restaurant.

Blimey.

Reactions: 1 user
I have 11 Arizona Blues as bypass and coupling caps in my Blu-ray player, the 200v 1uf fit perfectly in to copper heating pipe a nice damped shield held in with OM1, the SPEC Ruby MICA's are superb as well.

Ive been experimenting a lot with different caps in different places, the Arizonas can take a lot of time to burn/run in but the Blues are terrific for midrange balls and drive and energy, about to see how the Arizona reds and Jensen PIO compare for a 0.1 -0.022 signal bypass. I'd share my findings more often but I'm bored with the measurement engineers with no ears, diving in with closed minds and reasons why those that do actually listen are delusional.

IMG_4256.jpeg

I have 11 Arizona Blues as bypass and coupling caps in my Blu-ray player, the 200v 1uf fit perfectly in to copper heating pipe a nice damped shield held in with OM1, the SPEC Ruby MICA's are superb as well.

Ive been experimenting a lot with different caps in different places, the Arizonas can take a lot of time to burn/run in but the Blues are terrific for midrange balls and drive and energy, about to see how the Arizona reds and Jensen PIO compare for a 0.1 -0.022 signal bypass. I'd share my findings more often but I'm bored with the measurement engineers with no ears, diving in with closed minds and reasons why those that do actually listen are delusional.

View attachment 1198285
Ah, so this is the full shot of it, nice.. Clean!

Ah, so this is the full shot of it, nice.. Clean!

That's the digital side, with caps taking some of the spare room, the side flanks have been used too, it does mean for full disassembly it will need some desoldering but I've made this easy as possible to do. My journey of obsession with experimentation and A-B is nearly done now !

Arizonas tucked away in placed like this, I really like them for analogue power supply bypass (they bypass Mundorf AG's)

IMG_3922.jpeg

Last edited:
I've just swapped out an Arizona Blue 0.022uf for a 0.1uf Arizona Red and have tried a Jensen PIO 0.082uf bypassing an AC coupling on signal, which already has a Arizona Blue 1uf and an Ultimate ruby MICA 0.016 in place. The Jensen added bit of additional realism and upper frequency body the additional AZB sounded tonally identical to the channel without just a small amount more forward but you needed to A-B to hear it

In this situation the Jensen PIO was the clear winner, more real, better dynamics after burn in, the AZB small value just added a small amount of upper presence and slightly more high frequency detail, tonally identical to the two bypass caps already in place (Arizona Blue 1uf and MICA 0.016uf). The Arizona red was more natural than the blue (0.1uf 600V) and added a small amount of high frequency body to the voices but overall a little too forward and lost a little bass mass. Going back to the Jensen removed was a lot better as suspected, this time it was better than I remember with more drive and weight as well as superb dynamics and realism. I just had to listen to the whole test album, it was sending that good.

Crazy that experimenting with a fourth bypass cap in the signal path can make such a differnce. I await the Flac that I am dillusional or convincing myself of something, but I would have to be mad to buy two £40 caps and go back to a £6 PIO I have laying around after all the time to strip racks and player and solder etc...

Goes to show, you just don't know until you try in this hobby; cognitive dissonance, I've been there too. These things have to be experimented with.. Getting closer to just purchasing those Miflex to layer atop the Supreme Evo Oils in my Martin Logan tweeter section.

Talking about Mundorf, yesterday I watch 6 Mundorf MCap Supreme Classic SilverGold.oil the Spanish Ars-Sonum Filarmonia, integrated tube amplifier:

Mundorf MCap Supreme Classic SilverGold.oi.png

Ars-Sonum. La Perfección no es el destino, solo es el camino. Ricardo Hernández. Filarmonia

BTW, very very very interesting 47' video!!!

Ars-Fonum-Filarmonia-mundorf-inside.png

SE - Special Edition with Hovland Musicap
http://www.ars-sonum.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi,i have this beautiful set of Hivi Swan 4.2f and i have these for almost 8 years now.i recently decided to upgrade the crossover for these speakers.
What surprised me is it has 3 crossovers inside.
1 crossover in woofer compartment which is driving 2 woofers.

1 crossover in woofer department which is driving 1 midrange unit.

1 crossover in Midrange Compartment which is driving 1 Tweeter Unit.

I would like to know upgrade options,i am also looking to move all crossovers outside the speakers & make sperate box for high-end crossovers.

Attaching images.
I read longer lead is positive,or can i go any direction?

Attachments

• 20230910_135120.jpg
    20230910_135120.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 54
1000253773.jpg

Started with center channel,the best i could do is source parts from Germany and i see Mundorf as a good choice,they were not expensive and I could get these easier.

I am looking to modify the cabinet also, ofcourse its a separate discussion.i am ready to explore if someone is interested to help with knowledge...

1000260131.jpg

1000260134.jpg

1000260135.jpg

1000260136.jpg

Its a twin mid-bass midrange & single tweeter design,dual ported box.
I found loose sruffing inside when i first opened...

Attachments

• 1000260130.jpg
    1000260130.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 37
I went for Evo oil for fronts also...will update soon about the rest of the updates.

I will bypass front's midrange & tweeter with miflux kpcu01 1% later in the upgrades.

Went with 2mm bitumin resonance damping mats and 1/8'' woolen felt on the inner walls.

Acoustic Synthetic Polyfill in the bass compartment and natural raw lamb wool in the midrange compartment.

Will be sharing results soon...