MPP

Hi Mogens ! Yes, i tried other transistors. The good old japanese ( ROhm, Toshiba, Hitachi ) are more or less unobtanium. There are some interesting Zetex. I think we discussed this.
On the other hand there are 8 transistors parallel in the Paradise so noise is really close to the physical limit. Alo running each pair at ca. 2mA makes sure that the 1/F noise is not shifted up. More current brings even less voltage noise but there is a point where the 1/f noise shifts upwards. The optimum is ca. 10mA and that is aproximate the total current in the input stage. BC327-40 and BC337-40 also have high HFE. That reduces the input offset. On the other hand the Paradise has an input offset trim. I think it is good as it is.

Here are some pictures of my recent Paradise build.
Circuit diagram for the PSU comes later.

Attachments

• Paradise Spelling 1.jpg
    Paradise Spelling 1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Paradise Spelling 2.jpg
    Paradise Spelling 2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 396
  • Paradise Spelling 3.jpg
    Paradise Spelling 3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 309

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The good old japanese ( ROhm, Toshiba, Hitachi ) are more or less unobtanium.

Hi Joachim,

Yes, I know. I have only very few of the Toshiba Type. The Rohm Type I have a little more of. However, unfortunately most of the Rohm type I have are from different hfe group.

Thank you for the schematic for the alternative power supply. It actually is great as I have been thinking about building a Paradise RIAA as a present for a friend of mine. Could make the build a little easier.

Cheers,
Mogens