MPP

What about setup?

[

It is grotesk expensive. I can not afford it but i hear it quite often on shows and in Martinas home.

Yes set up 100% and on next post Joachim mention Martina

I love to read what Martina can share whit us about set up (possibly in English )
IMO if any one can write a book about setting up a turn table she is the One

I also would welcome any comment regarding the Tone arm cable:

I have changed mine from the 2 Left and right "Phono" plugs to a 5 Pin plug
where the return from the cartridge connect to the Phono stage.

The 4 cables from the cartridge are enclosed by braided shield that connect via the 5 th pin to the ground.

Siberia:

The posts by Joachim are very much allowing for a large budget and no DIY input.

However, if you are at the lower budget levels and DIY is not a major problem, you can go down the Lenco route. Some of the rebuilds are staggeringingly good and can cost very little compared with the best new tables. [ Look at "Lenco heaven" website which you can google. ].

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Brian, I'm a fellow lenconian. I've already built a PTP version on panzerholz plinth with RB300 modified arm. Quite happy with it and I recommend going this route to my friends. Alas, since I bought L75 and now the prices have doubled.

The treshold of good enough analog source varies and I was curious where it starts for Joachim. Is it straight at the Spiral-Groove-top-of-the-line range or something more modest is satisfactory?

Mine was left outside a house (with a full Leak tube amp + tuner!) as garbage!!! Panzerholtz is very expensive in UK, so am going slate interspaced with alloy route.

The TTs Joachim quotes are probably about as good as it gets - but being a designer/engineer he has to have the best TT for purpose....something with no question marks.....

dps - der plattenspieler - bauer audio: willibald bauer

I like this table a lot too.
I know this is not important here but it gets Stereophile Class A recommendation in the row since years.
This is the most affordable deck in Class A.
The motor is really super duper quiet.
" Behind a curtain " nobody whould think that this deck is so lightweight and pretty.

Some of the grand decks become machines, very accurate but with no life. A few very good TTs that sometimes can be found for decent money are the well tempered and also the older Roksan's (I think I remember artemis) are very good tables with life in the way they play.
One of my friends has the Air Force, but only to play his rebuilt Garrad. Somehow that wheel drive does something good..:)