MPP

Here is the circuit detail.
I used 4 equal value 6.8kOhm resistors.
I do not see instability on the scope, nevertheless the circuit may oscillate.
:confused:

Attachments

• circuit detail 1.png
    circuit detail 1.png
    62 KB · Views: 341
I bridged the 47 Ohm source resistor and trimmed the current sources.
Again 2OdB improvement.
Now it starts to look promissing.
Offset is 450mV now so i think this circuit needs selected Fets when lowest distortion plus lowest offset is the goal.
On the other hand it could be trimmed with the voltage devider. I try that tomorrow.

Attachments

• CB buffer 6dB mod 2.PNG
    CB buffer 6dB mod 2.PNG
    338.6 KB · Views: 276

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Joachim,

Is Reichelt still the source for BC337/BC327?

On another matter. My 15 year old son has expressed interest in getting an turntable. Some time ago a friend of his turn up here at our house with 2 LP's. Daft Punk and Beatles the white Album. Kids now a days...

I found an nice Thorens TD318 for him and bought an Ortofon 2M Red as a starter pick-up to learn to handle these fragile things. Also, if VPI can sell this cartridge with their starter turntables, it's could enough for him to start with.

But, we need the "student RIAA". I have an idea, but would be interested in inputs. Are you game?

Cheers,
Mogens

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Joachim,

Thanks! Unfortunately is not as cheap as Reichelt. However, I must buy some to have in stock.

With regards to the MM RIAA. of course there is a lot of those around. But, as you know. There is always a new mouse trap.

However, my idea goes towards something slightly different. I want a single supply RIAA, meaning coupling caps, so we can drive it from a standard wall adapter. My idea is inspired by x-pro's RIAA and the Vandetta. I'm thinking about using the x-pro stage as a first stage (without the correction of course) into a Vendetta like 100 nF + 750 ohm inverting stage with the low frequency correction wrapped into the feedback. The second stage could either be a 5534 or a discrete stage.

My take on this is that I have done my share of complementary stages over the years, but since true complementary transistors doesn't exist, why build them. Why not try to get the most out of single ended non-complementary stages.

I will try this myself, but I just wanted to see if I could wet your apatite ;-).

Thanks,
Mogens

mkc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi AS,

Yes, I know. But, for now I want to use a DC wall plug. I know. I'm stubborn. :) But, it moves this old timers heart that the kids now a days are interested in vinyl. I thought of this as something that my sons friends could come here and build if they where interested.

This link is for Joachim. I think he has a soft spot for this, like me. This kid really restore my faith and she is really into this. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWeHBodddgK_qhIcXrBwL6A

Cheers, Mogens