MPP

Here is the Quad 34 phono section.

Attachments

• Quad 34 Phono Section.png
    Quad 34 Phono Section.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 364
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here are some pictures of the Hulk at ETF2010 taken by Jan Didden. One picture also shows Martina with Garrard and Hulk. The Hulk is also known since as the "Cristal" out of obvious reasons.
Yes Salas, this is one with your Shunts.

I saw Martina using those cristals inside the Garrard TT in Krefel and I also met another guy who sold them and had a really "dead" sounding room full of those..... Piramidal effect ?!

Joined 2005
Paid Member
My Paradise build is almost completed... just lacking 1uF caps... where can I get those very small caps ?

Can I use tantals ?

Hi Ricardo, I would not. Tantals are very sensitive to the wrong polarity, and the 1uF is used in the servo if I'm not mistaken so it may see both polarities.... you could put a bigger cap and reduce R48 accordingly, for example.
(have a bunch of these caps, should have put them in the bag to you... if only I had known.... ;-)

Eager to hear what yours sounds like ;-)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Alfred

Thank you for your comments and unconditional help. In the servo I am going to use a very good quality film cap I salvaged from another project.

I will try to find some small films in RS for the 1u on the shunts.

This is the most beautifull pcb I ever worked with... Soldering is a breeze and I can even replace parts without "pad lifting" issues.

I took my time to match all the transistors to 1%. Also matched all resistors, zeners and leds :) (I must measure everything because my sour eyes do not help a lot)

After the last evolutions I believe it will sound wonderfully.

I am looking forward to make a comparison listening session.... I will be moving to Switzerland in the near future (where my Dear Wife already set a better lab for me) so it will be easier for me to travel and meet other Mpp Team menbers :)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hesener, what Opamps did you use for Servo ? OPA134 ?
Did you get time to listen more ?

Hi, I used OPA134 for the servo. And I was listening to both FPS and PAradise just before I left, in fact my wife was out so I had a few hours with the LP12, the phono stages and my headphone, with undisturbed back-and-forth (usually people get that "he's crazy" look when they see you listen the same song multiple times ....). That was the basis of my last comments.

back on sunday, and I should be able to do some measurements next week which should really answer a few questions....