MPP

The legs of my FKP2 are very stiff. I am afraid this is not copper but i will check that.

I hope they are not. That would mean it is either distributor/order dependent or they moved just recently to fecuma alloy or similiar:(

I have 2011 production which is still copper....

BTW: Zeners are on their way to my home as promised, so you can expect them next week:)

Last edited:
I am just in the process to do some measurements. I have a DIN record with a 1kHz tone at 8cm-sec. I have already measured a 2 x 4 2SK170 2SJ74 phonostgae with this tone and without input signal but Titan i connected. I am now setting up a BJT transimpedance stage that has adjustable DC offset at the input. I will set that to 1mV. Actually in this stage i use another DC offset cancelation method that uses a current mirror with adjustable ground refference. This circuit could also have a servo and then we have automatic DC offset cancelation. There are many ways to skin the cat ...
I will compare the distortion i get with the Fet stage that has zero DC into the cartridge and the BJT stage that has 1mV into the cartridge. This is double the nominal output of the Titan. If there is no diffence we can conclude that 1mV DC into the cartridge does not add distortion.

I have talked to Jahre and i got some interesting answers. I wanted to know what the smallest case is with 1% precision for RIAA use. It is case 53.
Here are the dimensions :
6,8nF 125V 12,7 x 12,5 x 3,4 10.2mm between wires Case 53.10
13,6nF 125V 12,7 x 12.5 x 5,3 10.2mm between wires Case 53.20
40,6nF 125V 22 x 12.2 x 10,4 20mm between wires Case 53.50

i get a price quote soon

Looks like custom made.

Attachments

• jahre.jpg
    jahre.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 262
Amused to Death

Joachim,

Are we talking about Roger Waters here :D

I can not wait to be able to build this one to go to paradise myself :D

I want to compare it to my tube phono amp and let you guys know how paradise sounds like. I'm making the one that was designed by SY (HMN).
It seems to be a well balanced RIAA amp.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating so I hope to be ready to serve myself within a few weeks ;)

Cheers,

Audiofanatic ;)