Paid Member
So 2.54mm = 100 thou... perfect

Here we have second draft with tracks:

Attachments

• Paradise second draft.jpg
    Paradise second draft.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 327
Hi Riccardo

Grid spacing can be set to anithing you like.

Is in the units settings and you can change the snap mode to half grid or quarters or even up to 1/48

yes a tau is inch/100

but you can change that to on your units settings (you have option for 2 alternate Units)as most components (capacitors) spacing is metric.

Dig deep in the program it will let you create your own components and or modify existing ones and you could download componets library from RS.(If I remember a free program was on the same page as that download and let you import stuff from other design packages)

Is not that straight forward and I give up on it as I find easier to place the standard simbols on one layer and replace the pads with what I need in another layer and then tracks on that.

And Yes software is free to download from RS components is very similar to Easypc whic I had since it was DOS version and now cost about £350 (sic sic I could have bought a few new records instead) for the cheap and nasty one with even more very limited component library.

Last edited:
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Here is the heatsink I found, with 75mm width (which would leave some room on both sides of the target size PCB) the heat resistance is 3.8K/W assuming free air flow, so I think we have a good safety margin. And it has roughly the same height as the Panasonic FM caps so that helps with mounting.

hope you like it ;-) cost is €3.69 at Buerklin

Attachments

• SK482SA.jpg
    SK482SA.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 301
Here is the heatsink I found, with 75mm width (which would leave some room on both sides of the target size PCB) the heat resistance is 3.8K/W assuming free air flow, so I think we have a good safety margin. And it has roughly the same height as the Panasonic FM caps so that helps with mounting.

hope you like it ;-) cost is €3.69 at Buerklin

Nice, I like it (don't we have a button for that?) :)

One thing we may have forgotten is the supply for the Servo amp, in spice I just run it on 24 V... but will that work in reality..??

Was it included in the 105mA? if not we may need to change the shunt current, from 160mA to 170mA.

For the power supply of the servo 2 resistors, 2 15V zeners and 2 33uF elco's will do. Calculate the resistors for 10mA, 1K will do.