Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

I´ve I done something wrong? FFT results bad seems not correct.

Could someone check please?

I´m not LTSpice expert.

I´ve 4 THF-51S left (wantanabetomoaki) SissySIT Zen Mod 2018 demanding!

JP

Attachments

• THF-51S.zip
    888 bytes · Views: 46
  • SissySIT-complete_THF-51S.asc
    12.5 KB · Views: 51
  • SissySIT.png
    SissySIT.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 441
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , I did my share of LTSpicing here .... will post in few day's time my sim, as soon I park my buttttttt on Mountain , now finishing all tiny things before departure

TAKE CARE - final schm with all details will be posted in few days too , with few missing details

posted one is fully functional , but still missing few protection diodes

will post most probably in separate thread , to keep future things cleaner

Hi Zen Mod,

May I shoot some questions on your SissySIT..

The 10K pot, 43K at the THF and 36K at the IRFP9240 are biased by the current through the gates, for predetermined parts?

What is the 100K+680p for?

Are BD139 and 140 voltage regulation?

Sorry to ask you while you are traveling. :)

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
traveling in the morning , now making a pause from ..... everything about house (everyday's things) and enjoying my coffee

10K pot and ..... are conducting current between pos and neg PSU rails , amount of current being regulated by opto bjt , so that way tuning distance (read- voltage ) between gates , thus regulating Iq

gate current is there , but certainly (and we hope) not playing much in da game

100K+680p is for Edcor compensation and strictly linked to Edcor ; if using Cinemag or Jensen , that RC is unnecessary

BD139/40 are voltage umbrella for input JFets , keeping them at 12V-ish bay , so dissipation is in sane bracket

you can call them cascodes instead of umbrella , irrelevant

Thanks for the easy tip to recognize (possibly..):)

I've been listening to whatever clumsy DEFiSITs things I built and also comparing to the SIT-3.
SIT-3 makes me think about the use of autoformer. Is it for simplicity per Firstwatt moto or taming the sharp sound? Nothing is for free and autoformer step makes the sound different. Is this all part of the final decision? Maybe .. this is interesting imagination.

I see the amount of current can be regulated by opto bjt in the SissySIT.. just nice.

This optocoupler and the hall sensor.. I hope I can use myself to stabilize my DC coupled tube PP.