Most annoying song you know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We had the first Zenith all germanium portable.

Zenith -- whose motto was "The Quality Goes in, before the Name Goes On". They also refused to use printed circuit boards (of course they were all phenolic and probably prone to reliability issues). Zenith owned Heathkit for a while.

My dad's company did some work for GE so they sent him a 7-transistor portable which he gave to me. It was about 7 x 3 x 0.75" -- about 6 years later I made a transistor mixer and used it for listening to 80 meter a.m.

I remember you had to heat sink the leads of those germanium transistors when they were soldered.

In NY at Jones Beach, or Robert Moses State Park all the radios were tuned to WABC and one of the DJ's would announce "Roll your bod" for all the young bippies to get tanned on the other side. I think it needed some translation for Orchard Beach in the Bronx.

Last edited:
Ugh

Anything by Spanky & Our Gang...:eek: especially "Sunday Will Never Be The Same"... ugh.. mine never has been a fter hearing it:D

Or by "Doris Day" or "Danny Kaye and the Clinger Sisters"

How about Marlo Thomas "Free to be You & Me"? :grouphug:

Free to Be… You and Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think I'll go barf now

Attachments

• 2199_barfing.gif
    2199_barfing.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.