MosFet Class A amp, better compensation, TMC ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Something like this.

Attachments

• 100W-efTIS-JFET-TPC-OIC-LMOS-2-DCservooverVAS-sch.jpg
    100W-efTIS-JFET-TPC-OIC-LMOS-2-DCservooverVAS-sch.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 355
It is not busyness that keeps me from building it. There is is nothing from me in it. I simply do not feel the urge. Maybe you can enlignten me why i should build it.
Maybe it is because i do not understand it. We certainly do not need abother discussion about CFB and VFB. The sound ? Subjective at most. I know what i like but i am still able to learn and get better.

It is not busyness that keeps me from building it. There is is nothing from me in it. I simply do not feel the urge. Maybe you can enlignten me why i should build it.
Maybe it is because i do not understand it. We certainly do not need abother discussion about CFB and VFB. The sound ? Subjective at most. I know what i like but i am still able to learn and get better.

It's not my intension to urge you to build it.
This is not a TMC used here but (I think unique) double parallel TPC, one around VAS and one from the output (you can see it from schematic, C4 connected directly from the output, similar what Cherry suggested, but here is in TPC). This kind of compensation could be used, as here in a CFA, or VFA.
More importantly (for me) I would appreciate your opinion of this amp sound.

It's not my intension to urge you to build it.
This is not a TMC used here but (I think unique) double parallel TPC, one around VAS and one from the output (you can see it from schematic, C4 connected directly from the output, similar what Cherry suggested, but here is in TPC). This kind of compensation could be used, as here in a CFA, or VFA.
More importantly (for me) I would appreciate your opinion of this amp sound.

Corrected: C8 not C4

I put together a couple dac kits, then messed around with some automotive type chip amps a bit, then found an older hafler to revive, has been pretty rewarding overall. Might be a path before embarking on a scratch built higher powered amplifier...
The light bulb tester is your companion.

And some car amps are pretty cool too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.