MOSFET Amplifier IRFP240/IRFP9240

As Zeon has kindly shown you
the k170 always has the drain on the left and the source on the right.
That leaves the gate in the middle.
The j74 is the same.

There are/were only two manufacturers and both arrange the leadouts the same.

But, as with all devices look up their datasheet.

As Zeon has kindly shown you
the k170 always has the drain on the left and the source on the right.
That leaves the gate in the middle.
The j74 is the same.

There are/were only two manufacturers and both arrange the leadouts the same.

But, as with all devices look up their datasheet.

I will try one last time of explaining the problem, I hope I succeed this time. I KNOW how to find out the pinout of the devices, I also know how to read a schematic in general - what I dont know is which leg is the Drain and which is the Source (in the schematic!) posted by Apex in post #374, page 38.

Hello mister Miles quick question, is there a jumper close to one of the 5W resistors ? I'm re-drawing and I stop right there where you see the red arrows :confused:

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• jumper_is_on_place.jpg
    jumper_is_on_place.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 1,068
  • jumper.png
    jumper.png
    706 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Apex HV23 jumper question.jpg
    Apex HV23 jumper question.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 993
Joined 2010
Paid Member
....Sorry if im just stupid - but look at the picture and tell me you are not confused :)
No, you aren't being stupid at all but there is a characteristic of these and many small-signal JFETs that removes the problem.

Despite the fact that specific pins must be assigned to Drain and Source, 2SK/LSK 170 are among many JFETs that are completely identical in their structure and can be used either way around with impunity. I have this on the authority of wiser heads here (even John Curl now agrees) but of course, some people always become frustrated when things are not placed in a specific order, regardless of whether it matters or not. ;)

Hello guys

I was coping again the Apex HV23 and it came out that one of the diodes D6 and R45 2K2 is not placed in the same way as the schematic is illustrated ? does some one have a problem it will work the same ? I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible :)

Reagards
Juan

Attachments

• APEX MOSFET 2SA-2SC.jpg
    APEX MOSFET 2SA-2SC.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 977
  • confuse.jpg
    confuse.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 911
  • Apex HV23 2015 small image.jpg
    Apex HV23 2015 small image.jpg
    770.9 KB · Views: 902
Last edited:
ok thimios no problem man :)

hey I also simulated today and I think I have good results not bad at all, on the software I have it does not have the transistor 2SA1033 I just place a generic one and still behave good I mean I know there are better software to simulate but at least I have an approximation sort like a percentage ok here are the files please if you notice something let me know I'm attaching the schematic I use to remake this layout I bet in real time most be sound really good :)

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Apex HV23 2015 vercion 1.1 components.pdf
    107.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Apex HV23 2015 vercion 1.1 hot iron transfer mirror.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 384
  • Apex HV23 2015 vercion 1.1 hot iron transfer.pdf
    35.4 KB · Views: 371
  • APEX MOSFET 2SA-2SC.jpg
    APEX MOSFET 2SA-2SC.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 694