Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I was following the recipe "Build Recipe v2.3, 2018-01-26" included in the "rel-stretch-r40.zip" which contains error, nearly also installed the beta12 version.

There are lines containing the link "http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/beta/rel-stretch-r40b12.zip" to the beta instead of the release.
The correct path is http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/prod/rel-stretch-r40.zip

I had the same problem even after Tim said he had fixed the recipe. I did a fresh download (several times) and it still referred to beta12 in the build recipe 2.3.

I gave up and used the automated build without issue.

Hi,

Oops, yesterday after I uploaded the updated recipe with the typo fix I forgot to invalidate the AWS CloudFront cache for the download dir which effectively purges all the edge caches for moode download files.

If you download again u should get the correct file.

-Tim

I was following the recipe "Build Recipe v2.3, 2018-01-26" included in the "rel-stretch-r40.zip" which contains error, nearly also installed the beta12 version.

There are lines containing the link "http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/beta/rel-stretch-r40b12.zip" to the beta instead of the release.
The correct path is http://moodeaudio.org/downloads/prod/rel-stretch-r40.zip

Folks,

For a while we were suffering from Cloudflare caching an old copy of the zip file. I believe Tim has now invalidated the cache, so we should be getting the correct zip file (as I just did when I downloaded it to check).

Regards,
Kent

(edit) Tim slipped his post in just as I was typing mine. Sorry for the redundancy.

Last edited:
Lovely photo. I have been trying to add an image to MoOde. I select an image from my desktop and hit update. So far this has not worked for me. Would mind coming to the rescue. ;)

@onionhead

Have you tried reducing the alpha blend? At 1.0, the background image is totally obscured.

And I agree, the photo was quite lovely.

Regards,
Kent

I had to resize my image ;)...it was too big and too big a file size.

It worked at 2580x1504 pixels and 296.4 kB. but that was a random resize and I think the file size was the most important parameter.

probably similar to album art (under 500kB ? does that sound right ?)

Hi,

For bg images:

1. Must be JPG format
2. Lower the Alpha Blend so the image shows through
3. Don't use HUGE images

Enjoy your fav background while listening to you fav tunes :)

-Tm

Last edited:
Ahhhh, problem solved. The fact that the system became soooo slow, was due to a bad µSD card. Replaced it with a Sandisk, problem solved.

And now, wooow....this is awesome...Tim, you did it again, what a fantastic job: fast stable, beautiful interface, also on my 7" touchscreen....great job (If you were a woman, I'd kiss ya...)

And yet, I have a beauty issue. Have a look at the picture of the library, and you'll know what I mean ;-)

Jmp3JS4.jpg

Thx,
Johan

Last edited:
Ahhhh, problem solved. The fact that the system became soooo slow, was due to a bad µSD card. Replaced it with a Sandisk, problem solved.

And now, wooow....this is awesome...Tim, you did it again, what a fantastic job: fast stable, beautiful interface, also on my 7" touchscreen....great job (If you were a woman, I'd kiss ya...)

And yet, I have a beauty issue. Have a look at the picture of the library, and you'll know what I mean ;-)

X55CiFk.jpg

Thx,
Johan

Hi,

Am I seeing 3 digit track numbers?

-Tim

Hi @JST1963,

Does the Album actually have 1000's of tracks or are these bad values in the Track tag?

-Tim
What you see here is a collection of songs from the 80's (also have them for the 70's, 90's and 00's). That means there are about 3 to 4000 songs in each collection. And I gave them tag numbers from 1 to xxxx. But as you can see, the result in moOde is not nice. But I have no other way to number them...

New issue with 4.0. Altering the brightness setting for the local display has no effect except to ignoring the rotate setting to 180 after a reboot. It still says 180 but displays as if it was 0. Pressing set again has no effect, you need to set it back to 0 and then back to 180 and reboot or edit config.txt

New issue with 4.0. Altering the brightness setting for the local display has no effect except to ignoring the rotate setting to 180 after a reboot. It still says 180 but displays as if it was 0. Pressing set again has no effect, you need to set it back to 0 and then back to 180 and reboot or edit config.txt

The brightness setting only works with the Raspberry Pi Official Touchscreen V1.1. The original version only allows on-off control. Less than 128, backlight is off, greater than 128 backlight is on.

@Bengali
Download "2017-11-29-raspbian-stretch-lite.zip"
Use something like Win32 Disk Imager to copy the extracted image to a µSD.
Boot from this µSD
Type in the commands from Tim's website under "Support"
And answer the questions asked (best way is to use a second µSD)

That's it....

Tried that, it did not work. This time around, I am getting some authencity of my pi ipaddress cannot be established. SHA256:/ bunch of alpha numerics
when I use Windows 10 Powershell. Did not have this problem initially.

I reformatted the uSD, used etcher and added the stretch lite just as before.
Using Heebo guide.

But it won’t build the image.

It says connection the Pi IP address closed by remote

I didn’t close it. ugh...

Is the Windows Powershell saving something from previous log it?
How do I reset it?

Is the connection closed a server errror to build image?

Can I still use Heebo guide? it worked fine for the beta 4.0

Tried that, it did not work. This time around, I am getting some authencity of my pi ipaddress cannot be established. SHA256:/ bunch of alpha numerics
when I use Windows 10 Powershell. Did not have this problem initially.

I reformatted the uSD, used etcher and added the stretch lite just as before.
Using Heebo guide.

But it won’t build the image.

It says connection the Pi IP address closed by remote

I didn’t close it. ugh...

Is the Windows Powershell saving something from previous log it?
How do I reset it?

Is the connection closed a server errror to build image?

Can I still use Heebo guide? it worked fine for the beta 4.0

@Bengali

I'm not sure if your issues are related to what I encountered. You probably already know it but to me it was big deal.
- Rasbian Stretch is by default disabled access/login via SSH. I have to do raspi-config first to enable SSH
- Initially the login is pi:raspberry, but then once the build starts/rebooted, the login becomes pi:moodeaudio

I am getting the below error:

Get:232 Index of /raspbian/raspbian/ stretch/main armhf bs2b-ladspa armhf 0.9.1-3 [6,700 B]
Get:233 Index of /raspbian/raspbian/ stretch/main armhf libtxc-dxtn-s2tc armhf 1.0+git20151227-2 [44.7 kB]
Fetched 78.6 MB in 24min 51s (52.7 kB/s)
E: Failed to fetch http://mirror.ossplanet.net/raspbian/raspbian/pool/main/libg/libgsm/libgsm1_1.0.13-4_armhf.deb Hash Sum mismatch
Hashes of expected file:
- SHA256:fc09a8a4eb4730ac935f169f03c2a33736323c4d2dcd6c3316bf2bd5b658b50d
- SHA1:bd79cff38293c753109072e983e6c112508ddeef [weak]
- MD5Sum:8bf4f22643be27bd88506f215383735b [weak]
- Filesize:30912 [weak]
Hashes of received file:
- SHA256:e4f15fd6307785a7f192415c30c6de2ab022837a8ad90cd92629802cdf176370
- SHA1:43742771ac6c182ca073d9c58add9c5a57a48691 [weak]
- MD5Sum:f36ac5907bd41c817947cb9f9e97bc51 [weak]
- Filesize:6766 [weak]
Last modification reported: Wed, 02 May 2012 07:58:57 +0000
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
** Error: Install failed
** Error: image build exited
** Error: reboot to resume the build