Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi, Tim.

I looked at some of the "used by" projects listed on the Community Radio Station site. Many of them seem to create exhaustive lists within the app of stations from which to select, which I don't warm to.

One, though, demo's a clean UI which might usefully be mimicked. The radio favorites screen has a "+ New Station" button which pops up a window in which one can enter a station name to search for and then select from the results to add to the list of favorites (e.g., entering "WFMT" returns a choice of two streams, one AAC and the other MP3). See Radiolise

Of course this doesn't address one of the moOde Player features I really like, the display of the station logo/icon. As we know, few stations provide one that's usable, let alone provide a sensible permalink to it.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

Its very slick and the dev writes really nice JS and CSS code. Its a great project for learning how the Community Radio API works :)

I'm sure there is a way to include the search feature of Community Radio in moOde and then add the selected stream urls to MPD's Playlist. Maybe in moOde 4.x series.

-Tim

So, now i know what happened.

Weeks ago, when i changed to 3.8 i tested direct connection without passive preamplifier, directly to power amp and i stayed with it. This way the audio glitch was much louder, there was not potentiometer between dac output and power amp.

When i did tests today, first in tested Moode 3.8 and Volumio without passive pre, and than when changed to Picoreplayer i was afraid about the volume control, i connected the passive pre and tested pcp and later Moode 3.7.

So, blame me :)

Finally - without passive pre all players (Moode, Volumio and Picoreplayer) have audio glitch with DAC+ Pro, with passive (or active) pre it is still there, but nearly non audible.

I learned again, that doing tests one has to do it always in the same conditions.

Hi Phil,

The rate displayed for streaming sources is derived by MPD and is a snapshot taken when the stream is first opened. Sometimes this is not accurate at first. If you refresh the Browser while the stream is playing, a new MPD snapshot is used and this will usually be accurate.

Same happens when you open Audio info, a new MPD rate snapshot is used.

-Tim

That doesn't explain why it showed the output stream rate instead of the input one.

When I get a chance, I'll have a look at the code.

Phil

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Last edited:
Hi,

moOde 4.0, the next major release of moOde audio player is in development and planned for release in December 2017 :) This release is whole-image only and requires a new $10 Product Key. There are two major upgrades in this release and they provide the foundation for the next generation of the software.

The first upgrade is moodeOS 4.0. This new operating system platform is based on the latest Raspbian Stretch-Lite OS and includes upgraded versions of all major system and audio components and the wonderfull Advanced Low Latency and Real-Time Audio Kernels developed by Soundcheck. The second upgrade is moOde audio player itself. I'm not able to disclose the new feature content at this time but I think you will be impressed and excited to try it out :)

I'm also offering a Beta program for moOde 4.0 to identify and squash as many bugs as possible before release. Participants in the Beta program, in exchange for their time and effort, will receive a free moOde 4.0 Product Key! The Beta program is in two stages.

The first Beta stage is to test and validate what is essentially the existing moOde 3.8.4 code base running on moodeOS 4.0 with the .41 kernels and all new versions of the audio stack and renderers. One of the more extensive upgrades involves the Airplay and UPnP renderers. The UPnP renderer for example includes support for Tidal, Qobuz and GooglePlay music services. The second Beta stage is to test and validate the new feature set as it is developed :)

If you are interested in the Beta program, send me an email. Some Linux ssh skills are necessary and the number of participants is limited.

Btw, the first full build of moOde 4.0 beta1 is complete and almost ready for testing :)

-Tim

Attachments

• moode-r40-banner.png
    moode-r40-banner.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 462
Hi,

moOde 4.0, the next major release of moOde audio player is in development and planned for release in December 2017 :) This release is whole-image only and requires a new $10 Product Key. There are two major upgrades in this release and they provide the foundation for the next generation of the software.

The first upgrade is moodeOS 4.0. This new operating system platform is based on the latest Raspbian Stretch-Lite OS and includes upgraded versions of all major system and audio components and the wonderfull Advanced Low Latency and Real-Time Audio Kernels developed by Soundcheck. The second upgrade is moOde audio player itself. I'm not able to disclose the new feature content at this time but I think you will be impressed and excited to try it out :)

I'm also offering a Beta program for moOde 4.0 to identify and squash as many bugs as possible before release. Participants in the Beta program, in exchange for their time and effort, will receive a free moOde 4.0 Product Key! The Beta program is in two stages.

The first Beta stage is to test and validate what is essentially the existing moOde 3.8.4 code base running on moodeOS 4.0 with the .41 kernels and all new versions of the audio stack and renderers. One of the more extensive upgrades involves the Airplay and UPnP renderers. The UPnP renderer for example includes support for Tidal, Qobuz and GooglePlay music services. The second Beta stage is to test and validate the new feature set as it is developed :)

If you are interested in the Beta program, send me an email. Some Linux ssh skills are necessary and the number of participants is limited.

Btw, the first full build of moOde 4.0 beta1 is complete and almost ready for testing :)

-Tim
I can't wait for it!

Hi Tim,
the author of the radio database has written a radio app for android. This is perfect for radio listeners. It's called radiodroid2. Maybe you have a chance to take a look on it. You can add favorites but you don't have to. You can also just listen to the station you just found while browsing through a list (country e.g.)

Hi Tim,
the author of the radio database has written a radio app for android. This is perfect for radio listeners. It's called radiodroid2. Maybe you have a chance to take a look on it. You can add favorites but you don't have to. You can also just listen to the station you just found while browsing through a list (country e.g.)

@heifisch

Thanks for this heads-up. radiodroid2 is now working great on my Nexus 6P phone and Nexus 9 tablet. The UI is pretty basic but the app is free, small (3MB download), and gives access to a staggering number of streaming stations. What's not to like?

Yet another way to burn through my data plan while I'm out and about :)

Regards,
Kent

Hi,

I've just updated to 384 and all seems well apart from the fact that I can't get the volume warning message to STFU - I reset to 100 (deactivate) but every time I try to change the volume it tells me to change it! I have it on hardware mode on an Allo Boss. A reboot doesn't seem to help.

Any advice much appreciated!

Hi,

I've just updated to 384 and all seems well apart from the fact that I can't get the volume warning message to STFU - I reset to 100 (deactivate) but every time I try to change the volume it tells me to change it! I have it on hardware mode on an Allo Boss. A reboot doesn't seem to help.

Any advice much appreciated!

Try refreshing your browser after resetting the volume limit.