Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

OK, don't have a wifi dongle but will get one. Thanks again guys for your help.

If you have a usb wifi dongle, you can set that up now:

3. CONFIGURE FOR WIFI CONNECTION
a) power off (from Menu/Turn off)
b) insert wifi dongle
c) power up (leave eth cable connected!)
d) diyAudio server HTTPS page
e) Menu, Configure, Network
f) configure a wifi connection (can take ~ 60 seconds to complete)
g) power off, unplug eth cable, power up

from Moode website (http://moodeaudio.org/docs/tcmods-readme.txt)

However, not all usb wifi adapters work out-of-the-box with the Pi. Ones based on the RT5370 chipset do work without driver installation.

See here:

Ralink RT5370 150Mbps USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Networking Card 802.11 b/g/n | eBay

or

150M USB WiFi Wireless Adapter WiFi LAN w/Antenna Raspberry Pi Ralink RT5370 | eBay

Tim,

Thank you for looking into this. Now I feel much better. I did further testing and I believe I found the culprit - its due to connected 7" Touchscreen. Note that I did not do any sudo apt-get update nor upgrade yet.

When I disconnected the connection, poof! no more L/R channel issue!

Best regards,
Ferdie

Hi Ferdie,

Excellent! Glad this issue has been resolved :)

Regards,
Tim

New user with moode 2.3 and now with 2.4 test4 version and it is awsome. I have installed moode in a Picade with berryboot (retropie+moode) and moode works fine.

All my mp3 files have the cover embebed on file and it is shown fine on web interface, but when i use 'MPD Control' (an android app to control mpd devices) covers not appears, only the standar 'moode cover'.

Is this a bug or i have to configure somthing on moode?

Screenshots:
QmuiSZjl.png

poaztoWl.png

Thanks.

New user with moode 2.3 and now with 2.4 test4 version and it is awsome. I have installed moode in a Picade with berryboot (retropie+moode) and moode works fine.

All my mp3 files have the cover embebed on file and it is shown fine on web interface, but when i use 'MPD Control' (an android app to control mpd devices) covers not appears, only the standar 'moode cover'.

Is this a bug or i have to configure somthing on moode?

Screenshots:
QmuiSZjl.png

poaztoWl.png

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with MPDControl but in MPoD/MPaD apps there is a setting named "Local Cover art URL". Set this to "http://moode".

I would look for a similar setting in MPDControl.

Regards,
Tim

I'm going to be setting up Moode in the next day or so on my new Pi 2 and IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and had a quick question that through some searching I haven't found the answer to.

I'm wondering what the process is for upgrading from one version of Moode to another while still retaining settings? Is there any guide or post about this?

I'd like to install 2.4 but may do 2.3 and then wait for the final of 2.4 to be released. Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to getting this all setup!

I'm going to be setting up Moode in the next day or so on my new Pi 2 and IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and had a quick question that through some searching I haven't found the answer to.

I'm wondering what the process is for upgrading from one version of Moode to another while still retaining settings? Is there any guide or post about this?

I'd like to install 2.4 but may do 2.3 and then wait for the final of 2.4 to be released. Thanks for the help and I'm looking forward to getting this all setup!

Hi,

Moode 2.x series does not support in-place upgrades but this is high priority for the Moode 3 project (no time frame yet).

Regards,
Tim

My HiFiBerry Dac+ Pro arrived today. I have set it up with the 2.4 beta and can report it works fine.

If you can also build in support for the Tplink WN725N at some point that would be great. I can manually add the driver but that would save a few minutes each time setting up a new version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My HiFiBerry Dac+ Pro arrived today. I have set it up with the 2.4 beta and can report it works fine.

If you can also build in support for the Tplink WN725N at some point that would be great. I can manually add the driver but that would save a few minutes each time setting up a new version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

Are u using the nice installer from MrEngman?

I think I need the actual Tplink WN725N adapter to be plugged into a Pi for the script to detect and propose an install, correct?

The only WiFi adapters I have are the Edimax units.

Regards,
Tim

After a few problems I've got Moode working and am very impressed - great work!
I'm using a ifi dsd micro dac and have a couple of questions:
From what I understand, as I'm using the volume control on the dac I've got the volume control (in configure) set to "disable" which I presume gives me the best SQ.
Only problem with this is that the volume is way to loud with the volume knob (on the dac) set past the 9 o'clock position. Any fix for this or do I have to configure the volume control to another setting?

Secondly, if I have the Resampling activated (using 16 bit/176 KHZ selection) I get the occasional pop and crackle but it's OK with the Resampling disabled. Any known problem; maybe with this particular dac?

Thanks

After a few problems I've got Moode working and am very impressed - great work!
I'm using a ifi dsd micro dac and have a couple of questions:
From what I understand, as I'm using the volume control on the dac I've got the volume control (in configure) set to "disable" which I presume gives me the best SQ.
Only problem with this is that the volume is way to loud with the volume knob (on the dac) set past the 9 o'clock position. Any fix for this or do I have to configure the volume control to another setting?

Secondly, if I have the Resampling activated (using 16 bit/176 KHZ selection) I get the occasional pop and crackle but it's OK with the Resampling disabled. Any known problem; maybe with this particular dac?

Thanks

Hi,

In Moode System config, does ALSA volume (%) have a value in the field or is it blank with a message "Hardware volume controller not detected"?

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

Are u using the nice installer from MrEngman?

I think I need the actual Tplink WN725N adapter to be plugged into a Pi for the script to detect and propose an install, correct?

The only WiFi adapters I have are the Edimax units.

Regards,
Tim

I had to google MrEngman, but yes that is what I use.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=462982

I don't think the install script requires a WN725N inserted to run as it is just copying the driver into the right place.

I have various wifi sticks, so I stick an Edimax in when first setting up Moode and switch over to the TPLink when I have time. It doesn't take long to setup, just a bit of a pain when I do it monthly, but I am not complaining as I appreciate your work.

I had to google MrEngman, but yes that is what I use.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=462982

I don't think the install script requires a WN725N inserted to run as it is just copying the driver into the right place.

I have various wifi sticks, so I stick an Edimax in when first setting up Moode and switch over to the TPLink when I have time. It doesn't take long to setup, just a bit of a pain when I do it monthly, but I am not complaining as I appreciate your work.

Hi,

Is there some sort of menu in MrEngman script that lets you pick a specific WiFi adapter driver to install even if for example if you are connected via ethernet?

If there is no "driver select" menu then unless I have the actual adapter plugged into my Pi I can't pre-install a driver for it. I have to wait for these drivers to be included in a mainline Linux kernel.

Tim

Yes, the "Hardware volume controller not detected" is showing in the system configuration menu. Please advise what the best setup should now be or should I leave it as is?

Thanks

Hi,

I read the manual for the iDSD micro and there are some settings on the device that look like they affect gain at the RCA outputs.

If "Preamp Mode" is selected then the Volume control on the device is activated for the RCA outs. The "Power Mode" setting then affects gain at the RCA outs.
- Eco = 0dB
- Normal/Turbo = 9dB

I think the combination of Preamp Mode + Power Mode = Normal or Turbo would yield a gain of 9dB at the RCA outs.

Could this be causing the overly loud volume that you are experiencing? If yes, then try Power Mode = Eco

If not, then set MPD volume control to "Software" and find a volume setting that provides an acceptable volume range when using the devices analog volume control.

Regards,
Tim

Tim, if I set MPD to auto update DB, will it clear the list of songs from my USB drive if I do not turn on or connect the drive? :eek:

This scenario could happen if I'm listening only to radio or the NAS collection.

Hi,

I don't know, I've never tried the setting. Possibly, if it detects that the USB source is not there anymore it will remove it from its tag cache (database).

Regards,
Tim

Hi,

I don't know, I've never tried the setting. Possibly, if it detects that the USB source is not there anymore it will remove it from its tag cache (database).

Regards,
Tim

I asked because my USB tag cache once disappeared even though the playlists and webradio data were fine. Thought this may have caused it, or the SD card was corrupted by some other event.

Anyone else can confirm one way or the other?

I asked because my USB tag cache once disappeared even though the playlists and webradio data were fine. Thought this may have caused it, or the SD card was corrupted by some other event.

Anyone else can confirm one way or the other?

Hi Bernie,

Playlist and Webradio are not part of the tag cache so will no be affected.

When u reconnected USB drive and rebooted, did MPD database automatically start?

Regards,
Tim