Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I'm using Moode version 2.1 and IQAudio PiDigiAmp+. Everything seems to work flawlessly, but the Audio Device information is empty in the Audio Information tab.

Should I be worried?

Hi,

The I2S DAC selection on System config does not automatically set the audio device description that shows up on the Audio Information popup. It's on my to-do list though.

Menu, Customize then scroll down or press the down button and select your audio device from the drop down list :)

Regards,
Tim

My issue i don't get anything on local display. I love seeing kernel loading :D
And i don't thing it hardware issues, my HW run normal with other OS
R-Pi 2 + DIY DAC + HDMI to VGA adapter. No UTP cable, so no Web Gui

Attachments

• Rpi Dac 1.JPG
    Rpi Dac 1.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 258
My issue i don't get anything on local display. I love seeing kernel loading :D
And i don't thing it hardware issues, my HW run normal with other OS
R-Pi 2 + DIY DAC + HDMI to VGA adapter. No UTP cable, so no Web Gui

Hi,

Moode is headless music server with Web UI designed for access by Browser on Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop/Desktop over network. Local display not supported.

The only way I can think of to enable local display would be to install and configure a Browser on the OS then maybe it could work. The Browser would need to have Javascript engine and HTML5.

Just guessing :)

Regards,
Tim

Thanks didiet78... I had not realised that Tim had removed the hdmi output and your post was most helpful in restarting it.

Tim....could you include a toggle in one of the config menus to switch the hdmi output on or off...? with off being default.

Mostly I can navigate moode blind from the keyboard using mpc commands for simple operations...stop..play..pause and shutdown.
Sometimes it is useful to flick the monitor on to use other commands like playlist..find...save etc and most importantly to check the currently playing song in a radio stream....'mpc current' and to make changes without having to ssh in.

Our household are not great fans of wifi or having to run a device to control yet another device Shades of the 'old woman who swallowed a fly'

Having had to use a Kaiser Baas media player for the last couple of weeks it is refreshing to be back again at the Pi and MoOde ...The KB sq was dire ! but having that local interface made life so simple.

Not saying a local interface is needed for MoOde just that a command line output toggle would be very very helpful...

Anybody with better mpc command familiarity than me know what to run to get a constantly updating output of track info ? especially for webradio..?
mpc current gets me 'station,track title and artist' for the playing song but does not update for the next one et al. Must be simple as Tim's 'history save' gives that with time stamps...

or maybe Tim ? could you pipe that to a console in realtime as well as saving it..?

Thanks...

Hi,

Moode has hdmi_drive=2 parameter in /boot/config.txt which enables HDMI+Audio rather than default (hdmi_drive=1) which operates the port in DVI mode (no audio).

I just plugged in Dell flat panel rebooted and enjoyed watching the Linux kernel boot :)

I've not tried any of the other HDMI parameters.

Regards,
Tim

Last edited:
Hi,

Moode has hdmi_drive=2 parameter in /boot/config.txt which enables HDMI+Audio rather than default (hdmi_drive=1) which operates the port in DVI mode (no audio).

I just plugged in Dell flat panel rebooted and enjoyed watching the Linux kernel boot :)

I've not tried any of the other HDMI parameters.

Regards,
Tim

i think there is nothing wrong with moode config.txt , it just moode cannot detect my display on first boot. Because when i restart my Moode (without changing anything) by ctrl +alt+del i can see kernel loading.
HDMI_force_hotplug=1 just help my display :D

Hi,

Moode Audio Player release 2.2 is available for download at moodeaudio.org :)

This release includes the wonderfully engineered shairport-sync Airplay receiver for synchronized multi-room audio, a universal Album Art display module that supports embedded cover images in FLAC and MP3 files as well as local cover image files, USB 2x current setting for non-powered USB HDD's, and support for Rotary Encoder and IR based based volume controls using IQaudIO's excellent device drivers and a Moode volume knob cli.

The shairport-sync implementation in Moode automatically uses hardware volume control if it is supported by the audio device and configured in MPD config settings. This provides fast response for play/pause and volume change actions.

Also included in this release is the excellent WiringPi GPIO interface, fully automated configuration of PCM 5122 on-chip analog volume controls for IQaudIO+ and other PCM 5122 based audio devices, additional audio device descriptions and a few nice bug fixes.

Lastly, check out the great set of new listener supported, commercial free radio stations most of which are based in Australia! and please note the nice code contributions from the developer community :)

Enjoy!

Regards,
moodeaudio.org
Moode Twitter Feed
Tim Curtis

======================
2.2 Release 2015-08-30
======================

New features

- NEW: Synchronized multi-room audio via Shairport-sync Airplay receiver
- NEW: Display album art embedded in FLAC and MP3 audio files
- NEW: Serve album art to MPoD/MPaD clients (url=http://moode)
- NEW: USB 2x current setting for improved support of non-powered USB storage devices
- NEW: Automatic configuration of PCM5122 on-chip analog volume ctrls
- NEW: WiringPi GPIO interface for control of GPIO pins
- NEW: Rotary encoder and IR device device drivers from IQaudIO
- NEW: Volume knob cli for external application control of volume

Media

- NEW: 2BOB Radio 104.7 FM
- NEW: 4ZZZ FM 102.1 - Alternative
- NEW: ABC Country
- NEW: ABC Jazz
- NEW: ArtSound FM 92.7
- NEW: Radio Monash
- NEW: SUB.FM - Where Bass Matters
- NEW: Triple J
- NEW: Triple J Unearthed
- NEW: True Vinyl Radio
- NEW: UCFM 87.8 - Canberra's Alternative

Updates

- UPD: Improved logic for making text that populates MPD Audio output field
- UPD: AudioQuest DragonFly, Burson Conductor and TEAC UD-501 added to audio device db
- UPD: Cyenne Audio CY-3100, CY-3100SE and CY-5100dsd MK-II added to audio device db
- UPD: Contrib for Mike Brady, author of shairport-sync Airplay receiver
- UPD: Contrib for Gordon Henderson, author of WiringPi GPIO interface
- UPD: Contrib for Gordon Garrity, author of IQ_rot and IQ_ir device drivers
- UPD: Contrib for Andreas Goetz, Moode 3 project, 2.2 coverart, MPoD/MPaD support and bugfixes

Bug fixes

- FIX: Duplicate Artists listed in Library panel when artist belongs to multiple Genres
- FIX: Song duration not appearing for song files in Playlist
- FIX: HTTP reference link on System config page not opening in seperate tab
- FIX: MPD volume not being set to 0 for mixer type "disabled" prior to MPD restart

Attachments

• player-1.png
    player-1.png
    201.8 KB · Views: 321
  • rotary-enc.png
    rotary-enc.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 335
  • moode-r22-radio-mosaic.png
    moode-r22-radio-mosaic.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 312