Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Hi Markus,

Press the Playback tab a second time and the Playlist will auto-scroll to the currently playing song. Same for when Playlist is manually scrolled past currently playing song, just press the Playback tab.

Similarly, on a Smartphone when pressing the "open circle" header button to toggle between knobs and album art, pressing the Playback tab snaps back to the Playlist with auto-scroll to the currently playing song.

Regards,
Tim C

Thanks Tim,

I wasn't aware of that. Works great on my notebook as well as on my smartphone (iPhone 6).

But I don't see this "open circle" on my tablet (Nexus 7 2013) and clicking (again) on Playback doesn't show any effect at all.

Do I need to click somewhere else?

Last edited:
Tested the 2.1 version, the song title update is working great. But I still have a suggestion. It would be really really useful to also display the name of the containing directory instead of "Unknown artist - Unknown album". So if the file is located in ...\Some Artist - Some Album\Song.mp3, "Some Artist - Some Album" is displayed below "Song". Thanks again for this update.

Would it be possible for Moode to update the current playing song information via serial?

Artist, title, album/year, samplerate/bitrate

That way an arduino could pick up the data and drive a display.

I know the pi can drive a display but I already have an arduino for volume/channel switching which displays some info already and it would be nice to have it all on one screen.

Last edited:
Tested the 2.1 version, the song title update is working great. But I still have a suggestion. It would be really really useful to also display the name of the containing directory instead of "Unknown artist - Unknown album". So if the file is located in ...\Some Artist - Some Album\Song.mp3, "Some Artist - Some Album" is displayed below "Song". Thanks again for this update.

Hi,

Makes sense. I've added to my to-do list.

Tim

Would it be possible for Moode to update the current playing song information via serial?

Artist, title, album/year, samplerate/bitrate

That way an arduino could pick up the data and drive a display.

I know the pi can drive a display but I already have an arduino for volume/channel switching which displays some info already and it would be nice to have it all on one screen.

Hi,

Most likely yes. Do u know of any existing code that can push text out the serial port?

Regards,
TimCurtis

Hi,

Makes sense. I've added to my to-do list.

Tim
Thanks.

I have some other suggestions that are related to the one above:

- I think the name of the containing directory should also be displayed below the file names for the search results in the "Browse" tab; think about the case when you have multiple issues of the same album, currently you can't quickly tell them apart

- an "Add whole containing dir" command for the right click menu would be nice

- as it is, the search feature seems a bit limited; if I have say ...\Artist - Album\Some Song.mp3 and I run a search for "Artist Album", nothing is returned; IMO it should work as "search for all containing words, regardless of order", looking in both the file name and the directory name; if I now run a search for "Artist Song" or "Album Some", nothing is returned

Last edited:
Hi,

Interesting. I don't recall seeing Py on the distro however I did run across a PHP based serial interface (link below). Something PHP based would be the way to go but since I don't have an Arduino board, there is not much I can do.

Using PHP serial class with Arduino and Raspberry Pi — Fritz-Hut

Regards,
Tim Curtis

I am no programmer but I don't think you need an arduino to know what to put in the script. If you want one just let me know.

Mpdlcd shows the data that I am looking for. So however mpdlcd gets its info, it needs a php-serial script that sends it down the serial interface when the data is refreshed, rather than to lcdproc, the lcd driver.

Thanks.

I have some other suggestions that are related to the one above:

- I think the name of the containing directory should also be displayed below the file names for the search results in the "Browse" tab; think about the case when you have multiple issues of the same album, currently you can't quickly tell them apart

- an "Add whole containing dir" command for the right click menu would be nice

- as it is, the search feature seems a bit limited; if I have say ...\Artist - Album\Some Song.mp3 and I run a search for "Artist Album", nothing is returned; IMO it should work as "search for all containing wordless, regardless of order", looking in both the file name and the directory name; if I now run a search for "Artist Song" or "Album Some", nothing is returned

Hi,

Added to my to-do list for investigation. Coding for tag-less collections is "going against the grain" of the existing tag based Player design don't u think? lol

Regards
TIMCurtis

I agree.
But I'm a rather change-reluctant personality :) Like I said, and please don't be offended because that's not my intention, I think foobar hits the spot in most aspects in regards to ergonomy and those are features that I had become accustomed to from the days when it ruled the world of audio players :) The 19th century I think? :D It's up to you if you decide to add those. I still think Moode is better than Volumio.

I am no programmer but I don't think you need an arduino to know what to put in the script. If you want one just let me know.

Mpdlcd shows the data that I am looking for. So however mpdlcd gets its info, it needs a php-serial script that sends it down the serial interface when the data is refreshed, rather than to lcdproc, the lcd driver.

Hi,

Not true (for me). If I were going to spend time on something like this for a Moode release I would want the hardware to test against. U suggesting that I just cook some code up and send files back and forth, no way.

However, I think your idea is a good one, to have a serial interface for song data built into the player.

Regards,
Tim Curtis

I agree.
But I'm a rather change-reluctant personality :) Like I said, and please don't be offended because that's not my intention, I think foobar hits the spot in most aspects in regards to ergonomy and those are features that I had become accustomed to from the days when it ruled the world of audio players :) The 19th century I think? :D It's up to you if you decide to add those. I still think Moode is better than Volumio.

Hi,

Maybe u should tag your collection. There are utils that can probably do this automatically as a giant batch process while u chillout with a cold beverage.

Then all problems solved :)

Tim