Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

issue with USB disc

first of all, congrats for the superb work on Moode; I've been enjoying it on my Pi for months now...

But after upgrading to Pi3 and Moode 2.7... I have always the same issue appearing, and not a clue how to solve it. HELP PLEASE :)

When I plug my USB disc and update MPD database, no problem.
But once I unplug/add a few files/plug again the disc, it appears as empty under the "browse" function, and MPD database update returns... nothing.
And when I check the disc under windows, no problem, not corrupted, all content visible.
Also, I can't copy anything from my PC to the Moode/USB through the network, whereas it worked perfectly with my first Pi...

I have tried to re-install Moode, have used different SD Card and different USB disc (or key), but always the same issue :confused:

Any idea ?

Last edited:
first of all, congrats for the superb work on Moode; I've been enjoying it on my Pi for months now...

But after upgrading to Pi3 and Moode 2.7... I have always the same issue appearing, and not a clue how to solve it. HELP PLEASE :)

When I plug my USB disc and update MPD database, no problem.
But once I unplug/add a few files/plug again the disc, it appears as empty under the "browse" function, and MPD database update returns... nothing.
And when I check the disc under windows, no problem, not corrupted, all content visible.
Also, I can't copy anything from my PC to the Moode/USB through the network, whereas it worked perfectly with my first Pi...

I have tried to re-install Moode, have used different SD Card and different USB disc (or key), but always the same issue :confused:

Any idea ?

Hi,

For the failure case, what is output of command below?

ls -l /media

-Tim

I have actually got pihole and moode running together on a raspberry pi B. I'm not at that house now, so I may have forgotten something, but the difficulties I remember were that pihole wants to run a different web server (lighttpd) to Moode (nginx) and that the fixed IP address is most easily set on the router. So what I did (from memory) was to set the router to give the pi a fixed IP address -- in any case a good idea -- and then start with a working moode installation. I ran the install script for pihole from the command line. I did not install lighttpd from that.

Moode writes its index file for the web front end into the web server's html directory. Pihole writes its index file into html/admin. So to get at the pihole front end you need to point your browser at http://moode.local/html/admin/

The setup now runs perfectly well. The pihole web front end is very slow, but the command line scripts to add domains to the blacklist work very well. The cpu runs at about 50 degrees, which is hot but not panic inducing.

Interesting new glitch

I am running moode 2.7 and experiencing the usual difficulties with getting a local media store (a 120gb ssd) to index or play. It did index once but after I plated something over the dnla streamer it refused to play anything on the local media and now it won't reindex it either.

But I have also found a new, and interesting glitch. I have a hifiberry Amp+ on my pi.

When I stream music over airplay after a break it is completely silent until I move the volume control on the playback screen. This need only be a twitch, from 59 to 58 or something like that. Then the music works fine and continues to work, at least until the mac goes to sleep or otherwise loses the connection. After that there is the same silence until I nudge the software volume

If I move the volume control on my mac, it is utterly silent until it reaches full volume, at which point there is a burst of deafening sound. It seems then to have no setting between 0 and 100%. The controls on the moode front end work fine, as I say, as soon as I nudge them.

I'm just getting everything set up. I have a Windows box with Plex running on it in as a DLNA server, and I have MoOde Audio running on a RPi3. The part I can't figure out is how to actually get my media to show up in MoOde.

When I go to the DLNA status update page (the MiniDLNA one) it says Audio Files: 1, and the IP of the Windows box is listed as Generic DLNA. That audio files count never increases, though.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you for making this client for the pi. As this is my first post on the moode board, please forgive me if this has been asked before. 1) Library stays almost empty 2) dont know how to make multiple playlists

I successfully started moode on a RPi3. Radio stations play through the iDSD to my head phones. I successfully added my NAS. The 'browse' button changed to updating. I can still click on the 'updating' button to get a list of mounted volumes, one of which is my NAS. I can drill down and find one of my thousands of songs. It's great! 192 bps playback and the RPi is only running at 6% !

But when i go to the Library button, it has only added two podcasts (mp3) from the podcast subfolder. Nothing from any other subfolder is showing up.

Then I go back and click on 'updating' and click on a sandwich icon to the right of default playlist. I click on 'add' and i get a popup saying 'added to playlist'. I go to 'Playback and see that the playlist was duplicated except the titles of the added items all say streaming source - unlike the original items that are all labeled. OK, so now I know how to add stuff to the default playlist (the one that shows up when you click 'playback') but how do i make a new playlist?

I'm just getting everything set up. I have a Windows box with Plex running on it in as a DLNA server, and I have MoOde Audio running on a RPi3. The part I can't figure out is how to actually get my media to show up in MoOde.

When I go to the DLNA status update page (the MiniDLNA one) it says Audio Files: 1, and the IP of the Windows box is listed as Generic DLNA. That audio files count never increases, though.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Hi,

Moode supports the following as music sources:

USB drive
NAS share
SD Card

MiniDLNA can index any of the above. It cannot index another DLNA server.

Moode can also function as a UPnP renderer that can play music indexed by either miniDLNA running locally on Moode or by another DLNA server on the network. A UPnP control point is used to discover the renderer(s) and server(s).

Moode can also function as an Airplay receiver that can play music from any Airplay sender app for example iTunes or from apps like Tidal, Apple Music, etc running on an OS that provides system-wide Airplay for example OSX, IOS or Windows running Airfoil.

-Tim

Hi,

Moode supports the following as music sources:

USB drive
NAS share
SD Card

MiniDLNA can index any of the above. It cannot index another DLNA server.

Moode can also function as a UPnP renderer that can play music indexed by either miniDLNA running locally on Moode or by another DLNA server on the network. A UPnP control point is used to discover the renderer(s) and server(s).

Moode can also function as an Airplay receiver that can play music from any Airplay sender app for example iTunes or from apps like Tidal, Apple Music, etc running on an OS that provides system-wide Airplay for example OSX, IOS or Windows running Airfoil.

-Tim

Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated. I'm still getting familiar with all this.

You said "Moode can also function as a UPnP renderer that can play music indexed [...] by another DLNA server on the network." In this case, isn't Plex the DLNA server (and the UPnP control), and isn't it indexing all of the music on the Windows box?

Thank you for making this client for the pi. As this is my first post on the moode board, please forgive me if this has been asked before. ....

I rebooted the pi and now the library is full. sorry for being impatient.

But I cannot find moode as an airplay receiver.
I went to configure->system->airplay on.
hit set
rebooted the pi.
Succesfully got to the web interface and can play music out of the pi.
Went to my iphone running iOS10, swiped up from the bottom of the screen, hit 'airplay mirroring' but the moode is not listed.

I have an apple TV and it shows up on my iphone under airplay mirroring so I know my network is working and my phone is ok as well.

Last edited:
....My question is will this new Dac from IQaudio be supported soon.
Pi-DAC Pro I2S audiophile sound card for Raspberry Pi

Happy days

Duncan

I believe that there should not be any problem as per this statement found on IQaudIO site:
...With the Linux drivers built in to Raspbian no kernel recompilation is needed and the DAC PRO is supported by all the regular audio software, just like the Pi-DAC+. It's also compatible with the Pi-AMP+...

I believe that there should not be any problem as per this statement found on IQaudIO site:
...With the Linux drivers built in to Raspbian no kernel recompilation is needed and the DAC PRO is supported by all the regular audio software, just like the Pi-DAC+. It's also compatible with the Pi-AMP+...

Would be nice to have the DAC PRO listed in moode, just like the PI-DAC+.

btw, if i ssh into the pi running moode 2.7, the only thing i see in my /boot/config.txt file is:
hdmi_drive=2
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=on

where can i find the airplay setting? I understand that moode 2.7 has integrated shairport. Or do i need to install that into the moodeOS with
sudo apt-get install shairport
?

It's the right page of control center, but the icon is missing, indeed.
There is no need to use sudo commands.
Airplay must be activated by selecting Configure - Services - Airplay receiver on Moodeaudio menu. Then set etc.

Are you sure that both devices are connected within one (wireless) network? This should be checked on router UI.