Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Last edited:
I also believe moode is one of the best sounding (means least sounding) if not the best raspi-player/renderer. Hope, it will not get blown too big...

To me, SQ is all that matters. I don`t need anything else, no cover art etc. - but I know, I belong to a minority ..

Luki

Hi Luki!

I totally agree! Simplicity is the key to SQ concerning computer audio. I therefore also would prefer headless systems like Archphile controlled by clients like MPDroid, where the main action is to handle by the phone with the benefit, that it has minimum influence on the bit- transporting board. But I have to say, that Tim has managed that Web- Gui- Thing very good!- and this is hearable (Compared to Volumio or Rune). All board activities have an influence on sound quality- the higher the duty, the more noise is produced and that bears the risk of signal pollution. Best thing would be to lower CPU- frequency at a fixed level as low as a stable run is guaranteed. Further it would be good to lower down everything managable till at least stable running conditions. Also I would disable all components, that are not needed. I can tell this out of experience during over 1 year when I tried to optimize the CICS- Memory- Player to increase SQ- all this measures take significant effect in a positive way.

It's a pity, that most of the users of such players are looking for comfort in the first line. This fact leeds to blown up distros that have it's effect in degrading SQ.

A good idea would be to have the possibility to disable everything one do not need. So there is the chance for everyone to choose individual settings as demanded.

Greetingz, Robert

Just did the latest auto-update.
After reboot I can't access system setup "sys-config.php"
Other options/settings are working.
That one gives me http error 500

Restarting doesn't help.

Anyone else with this?

p.s. I'm re-updating to see what happens.

Marek

Last edited:
Hi,

Just an FYI.

One way to keep track of important Moode announcements i.e., releases and updates, is to follow Moode Audio on Twitter.

The process I've been using is to post details about a release or update in three forums including CA, diyAudio and TAS then post an announcement on Moode Twitter feed with a link to the diyAudio post.

Give it a try :)

Regards,
Tim

Audiophonics DAC V3

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an Audiophonics iSabre V3 DAC. With this DAC, the Pi is powered from the DAC, and there is an option to turn it (and the Pi) on and off with a simple push button. For this purpose there is a uP on the DAC that communicates with the Pi through the GPIO. There are tutorials on the Audiophonics site on how to install the necessary software and scripts for Volumio and Rune, but not for Moode.
So, even though I'm not fluent in Unix, I tried to make this button work in Moode.
Basically, you'll need to install wiringPi and some scripts as described on
Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - Tutoriel I-sabre V3 + Volumio : Gestion d'alimentation
Some directories mentioned are to be changed since they are Volumio specific, but that does not make a big difference.
With the scripts in place the power button will work, but there is no connection to Moode yet. For this you'll need to change a couple of lines in worker.php, found in the /var/www/command/ directory. I changed version 2.6 and the lines to be changed can be found from 317 onwards. Shutdown and reboot are 'hardcoded' here, what I did was change it so Moode calls a script in stead. Unfortunately when Moode is updated I'll have to do this again, so it might be a good idea to to make this the standard behaviour. So in stead of a ‘hardcoded’ reboot in worker.php you call a script that basically just does a restart/shutdown, but can be adapted by the user to their demands.
Anyway, a more detailed description can be found at Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - Moode Audio support?
Don't worry, this page is all English ;-)

Cheers,

Arjen

Hi,

Firstly, what is exact issue u are experiencing? If its white noise or a lot of audio glitches then try the USB (UAC2) fix on Moode System config page.

Linux uses a single, universal USB audio driver. The driver has bugs that affect some high speed UAC2 chipsets. There are a lot of fixes made to this driver in the Linux development branches but so far an updated driver has not made it into mainline Linux kernels which is what Moode uses.

-Tim

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an Audiophonics iSabre V3 DAC. With this DAC, the Pi is powered from the DAC, and there is an option to turn it (and the Pi) on and off with a simple push button. For this purpose there is a uP on the DAC that communicates with the Pi through the GPIO. There are tutorials on the Audiophonics site on how to install the necessary software and scripts for Volumio and Rune, but not for Moode.
So, even though I'm not fluent in Unix, I tried to make this button work in Moode.
Basically, you'll need to install wiringPi and some scripts as described on
Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - Tutoriel I-sabre V3 + Volumio : Gestion d'alimentation
Some directories mentioned are to be changed since they are Volumio specific, but that does not make a big difference.
With the scripts in place the power button will work, but there is no connection to Moode yet. For this you'll need to change a couple of lines in worker.php, found in the /var/www/command/ directory. I changed version 2.6 and the lines to be changed can be found from 317 onwards. Shutdown and reboot are 'hardcoded' here, what I did was change it so Moode calls a script in stead. Unfortunately when Moode is updated I'll have to do this again, so it might be a good idea to to make this the standard behaviour. So in stead of a ‘hardcoded’ reboot in worker.php you call a script that basically just does a restart/shutdown, but can be adapted by the user to their demands.
Anyway, a more detailed description can be found at Forum Audiophonics.fr • Consulter le sujet - Moode Audio support?
Don't worry, this page is all English ;-)

Cheers,

Arjen

Hi Arjen,

This is a good idea. I'll see of I can implement the scripts for release 2.7

-Tim

Hi,

Firstly, what is exact issue u are experiencing? If its white noise or a lot of audio glitches then try the USB (UAC2) fix on Moode System config page.

Linux uses a single, universal USB audio driver. The driver has bugs that affect some high speed UAC2 chipsets. There are a lot of fixes made to this driver in the Linux development branches but so far an updated driver has not made it into mainline Linux kernels which is what Moode uses.

-Tim

Hi Tim
Oh yes - sorry.
The issues is that it doesnt appear in the MPD config as an option. I can only choose "onboard audio device".