Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Moode 2.6 TR1: NFS issues

Hi Tim,
first of all Thanks for your amazing work :)

I've installed Moode 2.6 Test Release 1 (TR1) on a PI3+X400 and all goes pretty well.
But, when i try to add an NFS source, the browser remains "loading" and never end. The web ui lose some functions: no more configuration, no more reboot/shutdown, etc.

Reboot from shell via ssh and tried to mount manually an NFS share and see that rpcbind is not running. Started rpcbind manually and the "Add NFS Source" worked well. Finished the update db, and then reboot again (from the web ui).

The problem still there, web ui not responding. And rpcbind not started at boot.

Then, added:
service rpcbind start​
at the end of the /etc/rc.local script

Reboot again and now is all working ok.

Thanks again Tim!
Gabriel

Dear Tim,

Having a bad time with this test release. My configuration is outside the norm by using Pi USB output directly into USB DAC.

I noticed in MPD config everything was OK with Audio output at none. As soon as I changed this option to USB Audio device the problems started.

Would freeze trying to play even Internet radio stations. Cannot get into Moode now over network. Moode doesn't appear to like no I2S device.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Tim,
first of all Thanks for your amazing work :)

I've installed Moode 2.6 Test Release 1 (TR1) on a PI3+X400 and all goes pretty well.
But, when i try to add an NFS source, the browser remains "loading" and never end. The web ui lose some functions: no more configuration, no more reboot/shutdown, etc.

Reboot from shell via ssh and tried to mount manually an NFS share and see that rpcbind is not running. Started rpcbind manually and the "Add NFS Source" worked well. Finished the update db, and then reboot again (from the web ui).

The problem still there, web ui not responding. And rpcbind not started at boot.

Then, added:
service rpcbind start​
at the end of the /etc/rc.local script

Reboot again and now is all working ok.

Thanks again Tim!
Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the nice compliment, I really appreciate it :)

I don't have NFS server so maybe u can help me make permanent fix for the issue. Please try the following:

1) comment out "start rpcbind..." from rc.local script
2) systemctl enable rpcbind
3) reboot
4) systemctl status rpcbind

should show "active (running)"

Regards,
Tim

Dumpster diving

What a hoot!

Experimenting with r26-tr1, I wanted to see if my ASUS router/access point could be a credible SMB server of audio files over WiFi. I dug up an old disk to throw on it for testing purposes. I knew the drive had some backups from old computers but imagine my surprise when the MPD update found several subdirectories of mp3s I had long forgotten I ever had, including transcriptions of the 30-year old "Adventures of Ruby the Galactic Gumshoe" radio drama. I have several evenings of listening ahead of me.

Moode is fun!

Regards,
Kent

Hello Tim

Music stored in SD card does not appear after updating MPD DB, refreshing the folder or rebooting (or combinations of the above in different order).

BR / Fernando

Hi Fernando,

I'll retest adding some music to SDCARD but TR1 should have the Stereo Test file already on the SDCARD and indexed by MPD.

Possibly a permissions issue. How did you add the files?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Just tried a different hard disk drive, clean ext4 format, and volume name music.

Moode TR makes no effort to mount the drive on /media. mounting the drive manually Moode then updates database and works.

cheers

Patrick

Symptom suggests need to add an ext4 filter to USB auto-mounter config. Mail tim at moodeaudio dot org and I'll get u a config to test.

-Tim

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the nice compliment, I really appreciate it :)

I don't have NFS server so maybe u can help me make permanent fix for the issue. Please try the following:

1) comment out "start rpcbind..." from rc.local script
2) systemctl enable rpcbind
3) reboot
4) systemctl status rpcbind

should show "active (running)"

Regards,
Tim

Done.
Yes, it show "active (running)"
:)

Thanks again!
Regards
Gabriel

Dear Tim,

Having a bad time with this test release. My configuration is outside the norm by using Pi USB output directly into USB DAC.

I noticed in MPD config everything was OK with Audio output at none. As soon as I changed this option to USB Audio device the problems started.

Would freeze trying to play even Internet radio stations. Cannot get into Moode now over network. Moode doesn't appear to like no I2S device.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Very odd. USB DAC's are supported. I have two of them.

The Audio output field in MPD config should default to "On-board audio device" so I'm not sure where the value "none" is coming from.

What model Pi are u using?

-Tim

Attachments

• piscr.jpg
    piscr.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 185
Hi Steve,

Very odd. USB DAC's are supported. I have two of them.

The Audio output field in MPD config should default to "On-board audio device" so I'm not sure where the value "none" is coming from.

What model Pi are u using?

-Tim

Steve - did you have an HDMI screen attached? If so, that would take the audio in the earlier versions - I have not tested with 6.0 though