Mine's too big, wife can't handle it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
udh speakers

Hi Cal

Have you thinked to use a band-pass cabinet for 4 X 15" woofers? You know probably the tremendous UDH of Peavey, which are obsolette of course now. I had 4 original such type subwoofers and i made also 4 clones. For rental of course, not to meet my new neighbours!
I can confirm you that UDH can touch frequencies down to 35Hz with enough SPL to sake-down your liver. It is heavy, but it is smallest in size compared with your Altec or JBL style horns. A usuall truck like a 4 X4 Ford or Chevy or Dodge, can contains 4 UDH.
The advantage (if your wife agree of course :D ), it is that from UDH you can get almost all the energy bellow 100Hz yet in a distance of 1m, instead from your horns you may stay far away at least 5 to 10 meters to get their full energy under 100Hz.
I have the complette plans to build one if you wish.
In the photo (from the web, not mine) you can see a UDH.
Specs:
1) Response: 35 - 250Hz
2) Z configurable: 2, 4, 8 Ohms
3) Power handling: 1400W continuous
4) SPL: 105dB/1W/1m
5) Transducers: 4 X BW1505-8
6) Weight: 280 lbs
7) Dimensions: 41"H X 30,5"D X 30"W

Regs
Fotios

Hallo fotios

Im Alois from czech republic and i have 4pc UDH subs.
can You tell me pleas if i can exchange stronger speaker, may be this 15" Pro Rider® CU CP Subwoofer ? because original KADT ars some one damaged.
Thank You and have a nice day

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.