Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

Pics of my Mez

I used my old chassis which housed the B1 buffer. I added an HT switch so my kids could still play their games by just flipping the switch instead of messing around with source and volume.

I am done with my Mez, no more tweaking (I hope). btw going from 68r to 27r made a huge difference in soundstage, music is fuller. I am also hearing a little more in each track.

Now on to Salas' JFET RIAA.....

Attachments

• mez1.jpg
    mez1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 577
  • mez2.jpg
    mez2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 611
  • mez3.jpg
    mez3.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 572
My Dcb1 has some whistle sound coming from right channel. Not very loud but can be heard from a distance of 2.5m. This sound is not continuous, it may appear for a few minutes then dissapear and then come back a few minute later. Is this a kind of oscillation?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No its not unusually long. Tap on the interconnects while it whistles, does it stop? Swap the output interconnects from end to end for a test. Then the input ones. Does the whistle move from the original speaker to the other? If yes, some IC cable has a cold joint? Having another pair to try? If it still does it, check the solder joints for internal cabling, connectors, whatever in the input and output path the whistle appears. Tap on various parts first.

Hello
I have a question I am putting together a parts list to build the DCB1. I have on hand some LED's that are 3mm I bought from Digi Key sometime ago 3 packs of 10 green, red, and orange I started to measure them the green 2v and both the red and orange 1.8v across my DMM I know the voltage for the green is to high do you thinked the others will work or should I play it safe and order the one on the BOM here is the digi-key part # 67-1058-ND and the spec for the LED
http://www.lumex.com/specs/SSL-LX3044LGD.pdf

I am not an expert thats way I am asking
Thanks
Dave