Memphis 16-1000d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it appears that the amp is working perfectly the potentiometers don't appear to have any loose connections during full rotation of levels and that's correct perry except for when the subsonic filter is switched off then theres no sound when I switch it back on sound comes back right away also when I first diagnosed this amp weeks ago I could have sworn I messed with all potentiometers and the subsonic filter switch and still no sound maybe the drivers fixed that problem

Last edited:
You need to check the switch to confirm that it's making a good connection between the center terminal and each of the outer terminals when it's in the 'off' position. If you don't understand how that type of switch works, go to the 'switches' page of the car audio site (page 35). There is a diagram there.

Check it with the meter set to ohms and no power applied.

I went ahead and removed the panel thanks perry probed the connections with speaker wire they all beeped on the meter I just wanted to make sure I had the connections right so here a picture of the switch and the colors represents where I probed to test across when switch to the opposite sides there was no beeps or ohms on the meter

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 41
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.