Memphis 16-1000d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_4233x.jpg
    IMG_4233x.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 89
The voltage is dropping very low. If you use a car battery, you MUST have a 10-15 amp fuse in the B+ line.

What was the original complaint with the amp (when it was installed in a vehicle)?

Have you checked the output transistors? You can probably check them without removing the clamps. You should not read anything near 0 ohms from the metal tabs of any output transistors to either of the two orange arrow points in the photo.

Thank you perry I believe the original complaint was no sound and the speaker sounded like it was snowy every once in a while not all the time

ill try the car battery and retest the ic I used the ground probe on the meter to the ground terminal on amp do you think that might have been the issue I tried the ground on the 3205 fet rails but when I tested the volts kept going down

Pins
11 - 9.53 v
12 - 9.53 v

The rails test from the ground terminal of the amp still OL no change

The Amps acrossed the +/- I have a reading of 12.12 volts and this is a optima battery yellow top and it maybe alittle low on charge due to storage over the winter however I usually charge it once a month during storage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.