• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Russ-

Do you have a parts list other than the BOM in the PDF? I only see manufacturer names next to the chips and the bridge. I assumed the film caps were Wima, but they don't list an MKT on their site, unless I am missing something there. If you have actual parts list, I can see about filling that way.

As for the output resistors, here's the situation. First, thanks Jacco for posting that. Pin spacing on the board is 25mm. Phoenix makes a 7W (PPC7W) that is 25x7.5. That's the smallest 7W I could find. 10W are all way too big. I suppose the Phoenix would be fine, especially if it is up off the board a bit (which I tend to do with anything that can get warm or hot anyway).

I am wondering, since the resistor is bypassed by an inductor (or the other way around), if it would ever see 7W. Just a thought.

Side note: Anyone ever try an Vishay Orange Drop or an input cap?

[EDIT] I see Mauro has commented. I tend to agree with him.

Now that you mention it I cannot remember how I came to the conclusion that those were Wimas. :confused: Maybe it was a prior conversation or a photo, at any rate I have "Wima" written on my BOM.

BUt as I said in post #58 I do not attatch any importance to any particular "brand" component.

I see Mauro and I seem to agree! :)

I wrote Mauro about the 5 watt restsors and he said they should be just fine.

Here is a quote:
"Creed that not are problems to use a 5W.
In my prototype I have used a 5W type (10*22mm ceramic) without any problem. In conditioning realities this resistance not suffers thermal stress. "

Cheers!

Hi all-

I have finished my first pass on the BOM for the parts. Total is currently $61/kit + shipping. This doesn;t include shipping to me from the suppliers, so I am guessing the kits will be around $70 total. There are a few things I am ordering extra of (out my own pocket) to hit price break points.

I have decided to leave out the pin connectors, as that would mean also buying the mating connectors, pins, etc, and crimping them is a pain. Easier to just solder your input and led leads right to the board.

I have also included female faston conectors to match the PC-mount male connectors for power and output connections. I will be throwing in some 20gauge wire for the jumpers from my own stock at no cost (3 colors).

Give me your feedback, and I will look around a bit more to see if I can't drop the price a bit, but I think $70 for a 2-channel amp is pretty good.

I was asked about transformers. I am not planning to include them. Avel has a 25x2 which can be had from Parts Express. I don't think there is any volume discount, so putting it in the kit may not make sense. I am open to ideas here.

Give me your feedback. I attached a list of parts.

Attachments

• 3886 bom.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 79
The realy was prety easy. I did matching by pin layout/config to get the Omeron.

For the bridge, I went first by footprint, then by value. Instead of the 7A 250V specified, we have an 8A 400V. There were a couple options available from Digikey/Mouser. I chose the cheapest (that was in stock).

I have not gotten much sleep, and have been cranking at work, plus a nighttime contract job (I'm a software engineer as well), plus parenting duties, plus amp building duties. I'll double-check everything to be sure I didn't mess it up due to me blurry vision ;)

-b

Now that's wishful thinking. ;)

As I indicated on the order page I don't think I will get them until early/mid July. The manufacturer has not emailed me to tell they are finished, but I will ask them for an update on Monday.

The last I heard from them middle of last week was that the boards would be done in a day or two.

So I think we are doing pretty good. I can't wait to see them myself. ;)

Cheers!

So, I have orders for 10 kits (including for me), and a few others on the fence, so I will be ordering 15 instead of 10 kits. I will need to rerun the numbers to see if there are any additional savings and will keep you posted.

Lets make the deadline for ordering a kit this Friday at 6:00PM.

I will try to get the orders out this weekend, and hopefully be shipping kits around the 11th or 12th, depending on what the 4th of July does to the shipping schedules.

Also, after I make the orders, I will be posting the parts lists with vendor part numbers etc.

I will send out invoices to those who have expressed interest. I am actually going to be awat all weekend, so I can extend the deadline until Monday night (July 4). I will order on Tuesday.

If you want a kit, but have not yet asked for one, please email me through the forum.

If you were undecided and want one, please let me know.

I think will have a couple extra, so it's not too late.

I started filling out the orders last night. My supplier of the Sanyo caps has little inventory of the types we need, so I switched to Nich and Panasonic for the EL caps. Moving to 15 kits resulted in the price staying abouthe same with slightly better (?) caps.

So, as I have them now, kits are $65 each, plus shipping. If more people order, the price may go down a bit, but we will see.

Shipping in the US will be $7.70 (flat rate box) or less, depending on the kit weight. I will send the cheapest way possible throught the USPS. Flat Rate Box is up to 70lbs, so multiple kits are the same price. Not sure if I need to buy the boxes as well, I assume I do.

If you are outside the US, please email me your address and I will figure out the cheapest way to ship.

So, after the close on Monday, I will recalc the prices and send out PayPal invoices. If you can't do paypal, let me know and we can try to work something out.

Parts Wiki

Ok, I added a wiki for the parts buy. If you are interested in a parts kit for these boards, please add your name. Only add your name if you definitely want one, as I will use this list to build the order.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Mauro+Penasa+GC+Parts+GB

If you do add your name, please email me as well through the forum, and include your screen name so I can keep track of who is who.

If you already asked me for a kit, I (should) have added your name already.

On a side note, Mauro has pasted some variations for the parts, and I will wait to order until we firgure out if any changes should be made to the current BOM.

I will post my BOM on the Wiki and here tonight.

When I was looking at it before, verifying some of the pin spacing, I imported the copper and the silkscreen into Photoshop, made the silkscreen transparent, then overlaid them so I knew which holes I should be looking at.

When I did that, I didn't see any problems, but I also wasn;t looking for any. I'll try and take a look at it again. I'll also send you a copy of the image I am looking at. Need to wait until after work for that though.

One other part-related thing... Wire for the output inductor that gets wound around the 5W resistor. I still need to find a source for the wire. Also, I was contemplating winding and soldering it for people if they wanted. Not sure if anyone would want that. It will be included one was or another.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.