• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mauro Penasa's INV GC/REF GC group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay, some pics.

General layout:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Power will be on left, in/out on the right. Sides and frint edge of the base plate will be trimmed down and squared up.

Grounding arrangement:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If I experience and ground loop issues etc., I can simplt unplug it.

Groove in heatsink (shape is from profile of tablesaw blade):

Arial view showing top HS threaded holes:

Note the floating volume pot. All the currently messy wiring will be replaced and cleaned up.

Lab tests successful. :)

I got my amp back from the lab with a clean bill of health. No oscillation, and what has been described to me as incredible low THD. :) .06% average at 10V from 20hz to 20Khz. SNR was 97db!!! Thats the best any amp of mine has ever measured.

No oscillation at all. :)

Thanks for the design Mauro. It am fully confident my amp is a success! :D

Cheers!
Russ

BrianDonegan said:
If your parts kit has arrived, could you update the WIKI? I want to be sure everyone receives their kits, and am alos curious as to how well the various shipping methods are working outside the US.
What seems to be the parts have arrived today. I have to go to the post office tomorrow and pick them up. So from the 22nd to today is one week for shipping to Saskatchewan Canada, and I owe $10.12 for duties/taxes. Thanks again Brian for the parts GP.

I recieved a delivery today from Apex Jr. Included were Nichicon 12,000uf 35V caps that snap right into the boards.

Get this: 2/$1. If you haven't gotten your caps, or need more, consider them.
Now I have no excuses. The parts are here. The wife is away on Sunday. The kitchen table is MINE! :smash: The aroma of solder will fill the air.

Calmart, I haven't forgotten your question for a better understanding of the AXP caps article. I'll post a summary on Sunday, as well.

bg40403 said:
I recieved a delivery today from Apex Jr. Included were Nichicon 12,000uf 35V caps that snap right into the boards.

Get this: 2/$1. If you haven't gotten your caps, or need more, consider them.
Now I have no excuses. The parts are here. The wife is away on Sunday. The kitchen table is MINE! :smash: The aroma of solder will fill the air.

Calmart, I haven't forgotten your question for a better understanding of the AXP caps article. I'll post a summary on Sunday, as well.

Hey Ed!

Glad to hear from you. Thanks so much for the care package. I will put that stuff to good use. ;) :up:

Cheers! And happy solder sniffing. :D

Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.