Matti Otala - An Amplifier Milestone. Dead or Alive

Often people make no distinction between good or bad amps, or preferred or not preferred amps.
For me a 'good' amp is one that is transparent to the signal, taking away as little as possible, adding as little as possible.
Very often this is a very different ranking than preferred or less preferred amps.

Jan

you can always hear when an amp-speaker combo sounds good or bad....

Matti Otala

found by chance : Meeting with Matti Otala (magazine "l' Audiophile")
Who can convert the file format from attached jpg-files by OCR software to transfer the text in a translation resp. language tool (e. g. in "Google) ?

Can you upload the pictures as PDF scanned at 600 dpi.? What is the original language? I can send you the OCRed files for editing and publication.
--G Annaji Sarma.

Last edited:
you can always hear when an amp-speaker combo sounds good or bad....
... yes, but nobody can always say clearly, why.

Can you upload the pictures as PDF scanned at 600 dpi.? What is the original language? I can send you the OCRed files for editing and publication.
--G Annaji Sarma.
The files of all articles from "l' Audiophile" are from there:

index
Maybe it is possible to convert from jpg in doc by Abbyy FineReader for the aim of comfortable translation in Google's language tool.
check also this thread
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/sol...amp-low-resolution-schematic.html#post6749571

Last edited:
Hi,
if anyone interested to try Matti Otala amplifier, it is easy to do so by buying used Rotel RA-820bx3 / RA-820bx4 / RA-840bx3 / RA-840bx4.
Where 820bx3/4 is without tone controls and 840bx3/4 is with tone controls.
Check it out Rotel circuit attached.

Attachments

• 2022-12-27 14_03_01-_hfe_rotel_ra-820bx4_service.pdf and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ ...png
    2022-12-27 14_03_01-_hfe_rotel_ra-820bx4_service.pdf and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ ...png
    227.5 KB · Views: 248