Matter and Antimatter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bud P and me just before heading over to the Cactus Cafe to see Michelle Shocked. We managed to snag seats about 6 feet from the stage.

After that show, audio is anticlimactic.

Attachments

• budstuart.jpg
    budstuart.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 117
MS is one of my favorites. Every album seems to be wildly different from any other, some great, some I don't get at all. IMHO, Captain Swing is an absolute masterpiece. So tell me something about the performance!

I have the same reaction to her albums.

This was in a tiny venue (maybe 100 people?) that hosts a lot of musical heavy hitters. We nabbed the front table next to the tiny stage. MS and a bass player. No one else needed. Astounding high energy and stage presence. It was a show, not just a concert. She did a variety of older material, opening the show with an interesting reworking of "When I Grow Up."

She did something for which I will always admire her: near the end of the show, she said, "This is the part where I'm supposed to say goodnight, walk off the stage, make y'all applaud for a while, then come back and do one more song. I think that's stupid. How about we skip that and I just do two more songs?"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.