• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Matched IRF FET's

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe a possible solution would be to require all transactions be handled through PayPal or something like it for buyer and seller protection, as I know this gets sticky as our forum is quite international it bears some looking into for future as well as a rating system like Fleabay has for buyers and sellers.
Let the buyer beware(caveat emptum,I think)...

My 2cents, El

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas,

I'm sorry. I am an outsider to all that's been discussed here. However I'd like to let you know you cannot sit by idling.

DIYaudio facilitates sales of parts etc. through this subforum this means you are partially responsible for users intentionally not getting the parts they ordered, or being swindled (which clearly is the case here) as you have been privvy to this whole conversation yet you fail to take measures.

These measures could include:

- Permanent ban of the member who has been swindling
- Dialog with the swindler to get him to reimburse the buyer(s)
- Blacklisting of swindler to indicate he's not trustworthy
- Maintaining a list of known swindlers and putting him on
- etc.

You apparantly do not seem to be motivated to do any of the above, hence you are aiding and facilitating the swindler to continue his practices through this forum.

In many countries that makes you (effectively DIYaudio) liable for damages. So I would strongly advice you to reconsider your stance on this matter.

I hope this message is enough incentive for you to take appropriate action.

P.s. this message has also been sent to the DIYaudio administrator.

Looking forward to your reply,

Best regards,

Sander Sassen.

Those threads are bulletin boards. The forum does not take part. Has no imposed percentage income from any transaction. Its not hosting and regulating some auction. Its not Ebay in other words. Does the newspaper that hosts adds have any partial responsibility for what is happening between the readers transactions? And it gets a fee for printing adds. DIY is not. Its not Salas, that is the DIYA's long time standing policy of not intervening that I reminded, only letting you guys be informed. Do you ever consider the authority and investigation needed to vet all those possible situations? Posts gone are those that Audiofanatic asked to go and are all of his own BTW. Nothing more. Moderation does not produce or changes policy, just follows it. So its good you sent your thoughts to the administration also.

Best

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Write your thoughts to the administration regarding wayward situations and propositions for policy in the commercial threads. That post was repeating the same petition. Its the same content as its before. Asking moderation to ban someone that one is deeming a 'swindler' when the other who used real world authorities deemed satisfactory its beyond its judgement ability or authority. We let you all air your stories and views. Members can take caution or skip. :captain:

They are under Commercial Sector title.

What do you mean by that?

Where can I reach the administration you mentioned?

This whole situation has become a total farce. A member is stealing from other members. At least three (!!!) members clearly state so! And there is not even a small hint of a warning for the stealing member... DIYA can have its policy but sometimes policy has to be reconsidered. Letting someone continue to act like Tarasque ruins the good name of DIYA, It ruins the trust of other DIYA members who are honest. I can't imagine that is the goal of DIYA!

Please let the chief-moderator have a look at this. DIYA is not a place for unsavory types like Tarasque.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That was meant to reply to ''these threads not (seems to be) separated from the others''. They are separated under a whole sector. If you scroll down fully on the home page there is a contact us button. If you have suggestions use that and if you want to report a post there is a report button. :captain:

Tarasque

MJL21193: Unfortunately you didn't read all my post (now deleted on my request) cause otherwise you would have understand why these guys act the way they do. It's not a case of "lost in post" or not being willing to wait for the items to arrive.

Judo: I didn't win any battle, I lost more than Euro 100 on this, but now it's final and closed. It's just a matter of taking my loss (part of it) and end this in a acceptable way, for me !

I told Tarasque that if he send my money back, I'll stop this legal thing and will ask the moderators to delete all my posts regarding the problems I had with him and so it happened.

As long as Tarasque is a member of this forum "from my personal point of view" you guys have a chance of ending this in a reasonable way with him. Not because I got (part of) my money back from him, but because I have the feeling that Tarasque will finally fix this with you guys, cause deep down inside he's not a bad person. Take it from me, I've been there !

Regards,

Audiofanatic

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
MJL21193: these were not "lost in post" cases

There isn't any details - how could we know what happened? We can't read minds or hack your email (at least I can't).
I see 180+ posts of what look like satisfied buyers and a seller who is there, responding. I don't see a fortune being made by the seller either and the amounts involved defy the term 'swindle'.
That's all I have to say on it. SSassen lured me in with his scathing indictment of the seller and I thought it worthwhile to jump in. Like I said before, not my business.

maybe a possible solution would be to require all transactions be handled through PayPal or something like it for buyer and seller protection, as I know this gets sticky as our forum is quite international it bears some looking into for future as well as a rating system like Fleabay has for buyers and sellers.
Let the buyer beware(caveat emptum,I think)...

My 2cents, El
close, Caveat emptor

Joined 2005
Paid Member
SSassen lured me in with his scathing indictment of the seller and I thought it worthwhile to jump in. Like I said before, not my business.

Well, the objective in that case would be to familiarize yourself with the situation, which includes looking at cached pages (Google is your friend) that also include deleted posts.

It then becomes abundantly clear that among other things Tarasque has been selling parts in questionable condition that weren't advertised as such. Someone even filled a report with local police and got their money reimbursed by Tarasque. That alone should serve as a warning that whatever Tarasque is selling here may or may not be of questionable nature, as are his motives.

If that is not enough incentive to raise red flags with the moderators then I don't know what will. Regardless, allowing someone like Tarasque to keep selling is aiding and facilitating him to continue his practices through this forum.

Would you want to be on the receiving end of such a swindle? I think not, hence the moderators should be stepping in and take appropriate action.

Or should we simply classify the Commercial Sector as a haven for swindlers and other folk with no intention to make good on their advertisements or promises?

Or simply put, why do you, or in this case DIYaudio, support the swindler and not the people swindled?

Cheers,

Sander.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
:cop:

Of course the mods are concerned by situations like this, but as with all purchases, it's buyer beware. We have considered banning the member concerned, but our main aim is to keep means of communication open so that problems can be solved. Anyone performing due diligence, as they should, before buying anything from any member on this board, will find this thread and others, and be forewarned. Better that than banning and deletion of posts which will leave no warning for others.

Joined 2005
Paid Member

Of course the mods are concerned by situations like this, but as with all purchases, it's buyer beware. We have considered banning the member concerned, but our main aim is to keep means of communication open so that problems can be solved. Anyone performing due diligence, as they should, before buying anything from any member on this board, will find this thread and others, and be forewarned. Better that than banning and deletion of posts which will leave no warning for others.

Thanks for the reply and point well taken.

Might I suggest a PM to Tarasque to outline what is considered fair trading? Preferably with a warning attached that if subsequent issues surface the moderators have no other option than to suspend his account and keep his IP on file for possible duplicate accounts being created?

From where I'm sitting it is better to be proactive and prevent these situations from occuring than having to deal with them after the fact.

In my experience a little moderator pressure goes a long way. Some of these folks just seem to be getting away with it just because there's little to no feedback from DIYaudio or its moderators. Making sure folks know that swindling, or not trading fair in general, will have repercussions might just tip the balance so they won't be venturing in that direction.

Just to be perfectly clear, I'm not telling you how to run these forums, I'm merely pointing out what would be a good procedure to follow to prevent these situations from occuring, or at least reduce the frequency at which they occur.

Cheers,

Sander.

Might I suggest a PM to Tarasque to outline what is considered fair trading? Preferably with a warning attached that if subsequent issues surface the moderators have no other option than to suspend his account and keep his IP on file for possible duplicate accounts being created?

Cheers,

Sander.

Now that would be a possible solution. I would also appreciate the help from DIYA for Judo to get his money back. Actually I think Tarasque is also responsible for the cost Audiofanatic made to get his money back.

Which leaves my case unsolved. I managed to get the Aleph working. But the APOX was a lost cause. In the volume section there were 2 defect relays, and load resistors of incorrect value, and some in the wrong place. There was also something wrong with the program chip (I was told, this goes way beyond my knowledge). It was end of story... Tarasque has my bankaccount number. Go ahead Marcel! If you pay me I will also tell everyone here!

Having said all this I suggest some sort of list where names of members with questionable reputation are shown. So potential buyers can check before they buy. Questionable members show up al lot easier than just checking their profile and al their messages. It is probably the reason why Tarasque is not responding at all.

Now I also saw some remarks remarks about buyer responsibility. I have bought from different forum-members on different forums. But I have never encountered a situation like this one. I was really amazed that other people were victim too. In my case I initially thought it was just my bad luck running into the wrong person. Thats why I started my quest against Tarasque again. There were more victims! I take my responsibility as a buyer but that does not make that the seller has no responsibility! I do hope that Tarasque will take his responsibility and take action to clear his name. So far he has not shown any sign of it. The only reason he payed Audiofanatic is because it seems he is scared for legal actions. It also shows he knows he is doing something very, very wrong.

Regards,

Jan

Last edited:

Sander, I think he's perfectly aware what fair trading is. Have you written to his ISP to suspend his internet access? Have you asked the Post Office to stop all his mail? That is similar what you're asking us to do.

This is all very unfortunate, and we do sympathise, but we cannot, and do not police trade between members. Legally, it is a minefield, and one we cannot get involved in.

Joined 2005
Paid Member

Sander, I think he's perfectly aware what fair trading is. Have you written to his ISP to suspend his internet access? Have you asked the Post Office to stop all his mail? That is similar what you're asking us to do.

This is all very unfortunate, and we do sympathise, but we cannot, and do not police trade between members. Legally, it is a minefield, and one we cannot get involved in.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you there.

If Tarasque was perfectly aware what fair trading was there wouldn't be several people participating in this topic that claim to have been swindled by him, correct?

Also your broad sweeping generalization of comparing moderator intervention to getting someone's internet access revoked, or his mail stopped at the post office is just that; a broad sweeping generalization.

What I suggested, and what seems very reasonable, is for the moderators to contact Tarasque and other sellers in this forum with a questionable reputation and once more emphasize the requirement of fair trade. I'm not asking you to police, or pass judgement, all that is required is a friendly reminder with a little bit of leverage behind it.

For example something along the lines of:

Dear DIYaudio member,

It has come to our attention that you may be, or may have been, disrespectful of what is commonly accepted as fair trade between forum members. We'd like to remind you that the Commercial Sector is a place where audio and electronics enthousiasts can sell or buy (electronic) parts but that at all times clear and truthful communication and accurate product or part description(s) should be presented here. We do not and cannot allow people to sell or buy parts or products which are intentionally presented as something which they are not and/or are sold as in perfect condition when factually they are broken, etc. etc.

If complaints reach us of these practices which are verifyable we are obligated to take appropriate measures. Which could include suspending your account till further notice or in extreme cases alert local authorities if the practices occur on a large scale and are supported with enough evidence.

Please take notice that the Commercial Sector is here to provide you with the opportunity to buy or sell parts or products to fellow enthousiasts, but please make sure that other forum members can do this in confidence that their purchase or sale can be trusted to be worthwhile.

etc ....

Is that too much to ask? It doesn't in any way need to create a legal minefield. It will however become that if some sellers indeed carry on with their activities undisturbed and DIYaudio is aiding and facilitating this. Someone could just file a lawsuit for aiding and abetting swindling practices, I have seen it happen before to an internet forum, so that's entirely feasible.

Again, I'd like to ask you a simple question: are you here to support the swindlers, or the people swindled? I really do hope it is the latter. And honestly don't you think that stating that you find these practices unfortunate and sympathize with the victims is a little weak?

Cheers,

Sander.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Status
Not open for further replies.