Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
is the 150pF needed across CB? Have you tried to remove it to see if it oscillates without?
I will likely build one tonight.
To try it on the differential circuit I will have to build two of them, don't know if I have enough energy tonight :mad::rolleyes:

EDIT: Nevermind, just simulated and without caps frequency response gets a bump at about 30MHz

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
What are the RLp1 and L1 for ?

Attachments

• HCC%20Buffer%20vers%20modulated%20HCC%20Buffer.jpg
    HCC%20Buffer%20vers%20modulated%20HCC%20Buffer.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 188
All,

after more analisys and listening tests I am trying to determine if the problem I have heard is just due to something being faulty on my board or not.
It seems to be an overaload margin problem.
What I hear is clipping on high peaks. At first I thought it was my cartridge bu then I put an inverse RIAA and iPad and it shows the same problem.

So I put the phono back on the bench and I was unable to find any problem with it.

However I noticed that at high frequency the clipping looks pretty ugly.

Also I have noticed that the two halves are not so symmetric although I am using dual matched packages for the input stage.

Any thoughts on this? I will run some simulation to double check some parameters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.