Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How fast Locky's is to work with.
The Atlas is likely quicker.

are you talking about how fast to use the Locky's is compared to the 75? Well that would make a difference when you have a lot of parts to match.
However if limit voltage is 12V and few mA, that would be a limiting factor for me at least in this design.
Maybe I am missing out something. :scratch1:

wonderful!
Does it have a USB interface and works well with Win7?
Is the SW in english or chinese?
Do you find it pretty accurate and reliable to match BJTs both PNPs and NPNs?

Yes, Yes, Yes :)

Until now I only used it to match the power transistors for the/my power amplifier (NPN...NPN/PNP...PNP). I did test on some power mosfets and that worked also very good.

Last edited:
Ok I am back and I can finally share some listening feebacks.

I tried last night the latest prototype.
Clipping now looks symmetric and there is no more problem of abnormality clipping behaviour like the other one had.
I didn't perform a precise noise measurement however listening confirms a quiter background.
I find it soundwise to be more natural and more articulate in the bass.
Slightly faster and more detailed, however it seems to be a tad less airy though.
Offset now is not as stable as it used to be with just the one BJT on the output current mirror.
Most of all I had to re-adjust the ratio on the current mirror to get proper gain as if circuit is built as shown ini the simulations, gain is baraley 57dB (in balance mode).

The prototype at this point needs a new PCB layout that allows the circuit to express its noise perforance and a "drive test" to confirm noise figures and other important parameters.
I will start working on the PCB today.

I was hoping for a more cooperative spirit actually ahhahaah!!!! :cloud9::cloud9: :rolleyes:
If I solve everything on my own then what is this all about? :gnasher::D

I am hoping that you guys can help too solving these issue as I can't do everything on my own!
If I had all the time in the world only working on this it would have been a different thing....eheheheheh!!!!
I think on Paradise there was a mutual help that is not happening here unfortunately.
If nobody is willing to share some help, I guess I will figure it out on my own just will take more time. :eek:
:cool:

Can't remember if I have already asked this or not, what is better powering up with a Jung super regulator or a shunt regulator?
I am currently using shunt and never tried the Jung regulator.

Any idea how they compare?

IMHO this is an religious question :) OTH there was an article in 'Linear Audio' (I think #4), but I could not find the FdW's-shunt in the test set :). The Jung/Didden PSU scored very good. Maybe you should build a variety of PSU's to test this (you already own a FdW's-shunt).

Give me a COMPLETE schematic of what you have today, including semiconductors by type and maker and i can help.
I am pretty sure that the noise number of ca. 0.3nV/qHz is wrong.
This is not possible with a balanced stage as far as i can tell.
Concerning regulators i get more or less the same result with shunt or series types ( in terms of sound quality ).
I prefer passive RC filtering locally anyway. Especially a very low impedance shunt is hard to stabilize.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.