Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stefanoo...

trust me there will be plenty of issues to solve when built. Last thing you want to do is add complexity. Opamps are plenty good for the circuit, then when you have solved all issues regarding Swing Music, then you can start looking into discrete servos. It would be downright stupid to try to get that on the board as well. What you can do is to mount the opamps in sockets then you'll have the option of expirimenting later on..

Stefanoo...

trust me there will be plenty of issues to solve when built. Last thing you want to do is add complexity. Opamps are plenty good for the circuit, then when you have solved all issues regarding Swing Music, then you can start looking into discrete servos. It would be downright stupid to try to get that on the board as well. What you can do is to mount the opamps in sockets then you'll have the option of expirimenting later on..

This sounds very reasonable! I fully agree with you.

For Frans,
I do really like your puppies!!!! :D:D

For servo i usually use a good quality audio Fet opamp like the OPA134.
Of cause i am curious too so some time ago i found a review of a rather obscure east european transimpedance phono in 6 moons. Here they also had something like the OPA134 in the servo. They replaced it to AD825 and a gain in sound was reported.
What is different with the AD825 ? It has a high open loop bandwidth.
http://www.westfloridacomponents.com/mm5/graphics/ds/ad825.pdf
Did i try this : No ! I just wanted to mention that review. Let´s keep an open mind.
Less be leaving and more testing.

Of cause i am curious too so some time ago i found a review of a rather obscure east european transimpedance phono in 6 moons. Here they also had something like the OPA134 in the servo. They replaced it to AD825 and a gain in sound was reported.
Did i try this : No ! I just wanted to mention that review. Let´s keep an open mind.

This AD825 will work also :) Soundwise? time will tell (and experiments) :)

thanks for the tips.
This will be tested as well.

welcome, welcome MasterPiece. :eek::cool:

Here is the "final" schematic for the circuit we have been working so far.
I have updated the output buffer with a different version.
Based on some reading this should have sligltly lower distortion and soundwise should have more slam and authority so why not include it in here?

I haven't tried the comparison myself but I trust in this instance other's people experiments :D

So here is the final schematic as up to date.

EDIT: not shown on the schematic, but I will likely during development expand to a separate shunt regulator higher voltage for the output stage. OPAMPS are also powered up by a separate +/-12V shunt supply.

Attachments

• MasterPiece V1-R0.JPG
    MasterPiece V1-R0.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 136
Speaking of speed and getting a woody.
The world's best hull-fairing bloke is English, truly an amazing artist, ended up getting involved in a loudspeaker project a couple of years ago.

(me, I built woody boats at age 12, got in at the front door of the faculty of mechanics, but then they sent me for a guest-class to the electronics building, time when Marcel vd Gevel was doing his masters there. And look at me now, sniffing mica goop)

so I believe there must be some loudspeaker in an AC-72 hull shape. I actually did a speaker with a carbon hull, carbon-divinycell-carbon.. Worked really good in the base region, as it was used under resonance.

You wont believe how many hulls I have CAD'ed, but somehow it stops there, time is not on my side.. But one day..ONE DAY..!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.