Massive Audion GTX-104 design suggestion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wish Massive and others would provide graphs. They have several midrange offerings - some with "phase plugs" - some without. I bought a 10" Boss midrange for $20 - if it hadn't been for the stupid but pretty (and quite physically solid) plug's plastic voice coil former trim ring, it probably would have played pretty smooth and build quality was about as good as the stamped frame Nirvana stuff. Boss's T-S specs seem pretty good.

I wish Massive and others would provide graphs. They have several midrange offerings - some with "phase plugs" - some without. I bought a 10" Boss midrange for $20 - if it hadn't been for the stupid but pretty (and quite physically solid) plug's plastic voice coil former trim ring, it probably would have played pretty smooth and build quality was about as good as the stamped frame Nirvana stuff. Boss's T-S specs seem pretty good.

Their core market couldn't care less unfortunately or accurate specs for that matter, so wonder just how far off 'our' designs are. :(

Yeah, a neighbor's grown son exposed me to them recently; not too shabby for the price, especially the electronics. Didn't bother to get model numbers, but dual 12" sealed box in a well damped Camry trunk had impressive [syth] bass down to 10 Hz driven with my Heathkit signal generator, yet still sounded pretty clean out to 200 Hz where its fancy looking diaphragm started to show how bad these covers/inserts can muck up a driver's response, though he thought it sounded like real music. :eek:

Makes me wonder what a modern concert sounds like compared to the late '90s when I last braved the crowds.

The in-door speakers/CD player sounded on a par with my 2000 Toyota Tundra's then upscale separates sound system, though admittedly I don't consider it worth a toot overall compared to the expensive Infinity system I installed in a long since stolen 1990 Chevy Super Sport PU.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.