Marketing Terms - in plain cruel words!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Organised Religion = Organised Belief System....

Al, mine are direct experiences and I have many similar other experiences also, all reinforcing my conclusion.
I do however appreciate your calming words.

I feel it better that Halojoy have his own thread, all to himself, and he can entertain himself there, and he be banned from adding his nonsense to other threads.
Btw, I went to a christian school, so I do have plenty enough knowledge of the bible, plenty enough in fact to ubderstand that it is mostly a collection of historical accounts, and plenty enough to not fall for hypnotic suggestion.

Eric, The Open Minded.

Re: Christians Indeed......

mrfeedback said:
In my experience some so called Christians make the biggest hippocrates, make the most noise about it and actually do nothing much more than give annoyance.
Eric, The Non Believer.
So-called indeed You hit the nail right on the head. The trouble is when real Christianity (embodied in *one* organisation only) comes their way most people won't give it a second look because of the actions and attitudes of these others. There is a bigger picture to all this.

Thanks & Merry Marketing to You all

Flemming J P said:
I just saw a new term: SACD (Super Audio CD) ready floorspeaker.

And why is it SACD ready? They claim that is able the do 32000 Hz - 3 db.

It's a Proson speaker which costs less than 100$ for a pair, so in this case I will read SACD ready as: Losts of garbage even above 20 kHz :D
The market is already full of digital headphones
speakers and Cables.

Now comes the DVD- and SACD era of marketing terms.
And there is certainly more to come
from those creative genious PR-departments.

So we will have plenty of opportunities
to BIG LAUGHS! - in days to come

THanks to mrfeedback :xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree:
for joining this thread - surely makes it even more interesting!

:D :D :D

/halojoy - still laughing

New Years Wish.......

Carl, Hi,
You do have a way of way of endearing yourself, and I do wish you a fruitfull and happy festive season and productive new year.

I know I have been a hard on you of late, deliberately so, and I will explain.
For a long time now, (and previously too !), you have dipped in, and often, with irrelevant and to me actually annoying overly long and inappropriate posts, particularly so when there is a serious technical discussion happening.
In amongst this, I further find repeatedly, your posts to be overly religiously evangelical in nature, and far too little in technical content.
You have been here long enough now that you ought to understand that the members here who contribute long term are christian in deed and outlook, and are happily into "Peace, Love and All That Stuff", and that we do so quietly - we don't need Mormans or Seventh Day Adventists banging on our doors to reform us of the 'word' before it is too late - we already got the message of mutual caring, sharing and respect a looooong time ago.
I just revisited your homepage, and because of some windows setting or something, I ended up hearing your voice introduction many times while I looked at your other pages, until I went control-alt-del to stop it - good feature !.
I hear, despite mp3 compression, perhaps an older man, very much Scandinavian in sound, accent and friendliness.
So Carl, we all have our voices here, and none of us needs to shout, so to make my new year, I ask you to keep the preaching thing to your own threads and away from the earnest technical discussions, and if you are able to add technically appropriate knowledge please do so, and if not then song quotes and the like are much better left out.

Wishing you only the best in the new year,
Eric The Viking.

Re: New Years Wish.......

mrfeedback said:
Carl, Hi,
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear, despite mp3 compression, perhaps an older man, very much Scandinavian in sound, accent and friendliness.
So Carl, we all have our voices here, and none of us needs to shout, so to make my new year, I ask you to keep the preaching thing to your own threads and away from the earnest technical discussions, and if you are able to add technically appropriate knowledge please do so, and if not then song quotes and the like are much better left out.

Wishing you only the best in the new year,
Eric The Viking.
Thanks for nice words and your advices.
I read it all.
You know it is "hard to teach old dogs to sit nicely on commands"

So I can't promise to be less personal
and only technical in my posts.
I am what I am - for good and bad.

So my advice to you is: Take me as I am or Put me on Ignore.
I guess you lose more than you win,
but that is only my guessing.

I take you as you are - good and bad,
but myself will always try to look at you
with good eyes and disregard the rest.

Merry ChristMas, mrfeedback, if you attend any Mas for Christ.
Churches are plenty all over the world, even in South America
and Asia.

My relation to :hbeat: mrfeedback :hbeat: is good, seen from this direction.

/halojoy - a true lover :hbeat:
- at least when he does the effort to be one
:hbeat: love :hbeat: will win in the end - anyway

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
capslock said:
Crappy as Opels may be, they probably still had too much the feel of quality engineering for the U.S. market.

It could be that, or it could be that in the heyday of the Mustang, Camaro, and Dodge Charger, it was somewhat difficult to generate interest in a vehicle that looked like the misbegotten union of a soon-to-come AMC Pacer and a stray Schnauzer.

Marketing Terms - New Words To Explain

Marketing Terms - New Words To Explain

:att'n: Latest Market News :att'n:

A new fantastic feature have seen the daylight.
And can be yours for some money.
It is called :cool: VTCSD :cool:

VTCSD - What it is :confused: :confused:

"Our Vacuum Tube amplifiers are the first to incorporate U.S.Amps proprietary "VTCSD" (Vacuum Tube Current Sink Drive) output circuitry. VTCSD "follows" the high voltage tube signal STRAIGHT INTO THE SPEAKERS, adding only current in a form of "amplifier power steering"

Explained in plain words
by sch3mat1cs:

... a CCS (Constant Current Source),
tube voltage gain stages, and SS (transistor) OTL (without trafo) output.
The rest is horse **** (coming out from horse or bull's behind).

A hard work lies before us
if we will ever get the complete dictionary
explaining these ultra-fine-super features
that are available to us consumers, nowadays.

SkinnyBoy said:
I was in Tonkins car audio earlier today and there was a 300watts amp... I took a closer look, and it said 75watts X 4 max, 35watts X 1 rms.... what the?? wait... 1? I thought it was 4.. perhaps it was actually meant to be 35watts rms X 4... either way it was a TOTAL rip off.. hehe :)
4 x 35W RMS into 4 Ohms (or is it 2 Ohms)
that is the usual advertising by the big companies.

I wonder,
Has anybody ever tried to run these ampifiers
at that power output continously?
Sure somebody have amps plus testing gear
to tell us the result :clown:

1) Did you get that 4x35 Watt RMS? at 13.8 Voltage supply?
(we will not be cruel and use 12.0 V)

2) Did you enjoy your music soundwise at that level?
(With closed car doors vs. open doors.
Standing on the outside of car vs. sitting inside)

Lot of areas to explore, verify and to document.
To make us buyers a little wiser :cannotbe:

halojoy said:

I wonder,
Has anybody ever tried to run these ampifiers
at that power output continously?
Sure somebody have amps plus testing gear
to tell us the result :clown:

Yes,
300W amp. 60W Avg, for about 5 minutes... ...poof smoke!
800W amp. 250W Avg for about 30 minutes... ...no problems.
150W amp. 35W Avg for about 30 minutes... ...no problems.

I really depends on the amp.

I've also tested two class D bridged amps at 102Vpeak into a 1.8Ohm speaker.... ...very impressive. You do the math! :) The amps ran in a punks car for about 6 months... ...still running as far as I know...

-Dan

its actually gotten better

at least in the car market. In the 80's when a really good amp would do 50 watts, you would see the higher power claims that you knew would not do that amount into a dead short when hit by a bolt of lightning. 13.8 volts is 13.8 volts...

But to add to the Thread, JL (a decent brand in general) has thier Patented Absolute Symetry System in thier recent adds... PASS? was that intentional or just happened to work out that way?

(And oh yeah, the patented system doesn't seem that patentable, but the US patent system is nuts right now).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.