MarkAudio CHP-90 mica + HBW-12.5 (for Wall Mount)

I made a wall-mounted Speaker with CHP90.
I used 9mm MDF to reduce the weight as much as possible, but it is strong enough and I don't feel any vibration of the box.

HBW-12.5-03.jpg

Attachments

• HBW-12.5-05.jpg
    HBW-12.5-05.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 174
  • HBW-12.5-01.jpg
    HBW-12.5-01.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 189
  • HBW-12.5-07.jpg
    HBW-12.5-07.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 181
  • HBW-12.5-08.jpg
    HBW-12.5-08.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
I like this idea. Does the thinness of the box affects the sound compared to other boxes you have used for CHP-90?

For my next speaker I am considering CHP-90, CHN-50 or MAOP-7 (I know they are all very different). In your experience what would you suggest? I have 7ms and Pluvia 7.2HD and I prefer the Pluvia.

I am wondering how the CHP-90 sounds off axis as there is not a frequency lift like in the Pluvia 7.2HD, are you able to comment?

Reactions: 1 user
I like this idea. Does the thinness of the box affects the sound compared to other boxes you have used for CHP-90?

For my next speaker I am considering CHP-90, CHN-50 or MAOP-7 (I know they are all very different). In your experience what would you suggest? I have 7ms and Pluvia 7.2HD and I prefer the Pluvia.

I am wondering how the CHP-90 sounds off axis as there is not a frequency lift like in the Pluvia 7.2HD, are you able to comment?

The difference between this box and other boxes is the internal volume.
A box with a small internal volume will not extend the lowest range, so I think it is better to choose based on how far you can tolerate it.
Even with this thin box, if you hang it on the wall, you won't have to worry about the lack of bass.

I like that CHP90 is flat and doesn't feel emphasized even with high power.
CHN50 is a regular 3 inch.
MAOP7 is silky and smooth, but it's not as different from the 7HD as it is in price.
Personally, I recommend CHP90 and 7HD.

In addition, Mark Audio's metal cone has little treble drop even when listening off-axis. The paper cone will fall in its own way.

nandappe

I like very much your idea for a wall mounted speaker (excellent for small apartments).
The ports (for a stereo) are firing inward or outward ? How do you think (guess ?) the sound will be affected if the port is down firing (to the floor) ? For a "normal" listening position - let say ear to the floor 90 cm - the distance between the port and the floor will affect the low end (bass) response ? The width and the depth of the "sound stage" ?

Last edited:
Dave given the opportunity, is the speaker in the photo one of your designs ?

Screenshot_2024-04-04_15-32-58.jpg

The seller claims:

I'm using the popular speaker unit TangBand W3-582SC.

Impedance: 8Ω
Playback frequency band: 70HZ ~ 18KHZ
Output sound pressure level: 86dB
Maximum input: 25W
Size: Overall width 116mm Overall height 382mm Depth 242mm
Weight: 3kg

Material: Pine plywood 9mm

Looks to me like fonken (in some way), or it is just a BR with 2 ports?
(just for my TG9... now operating on an open baffle for very close listening)

Nandappe I apologize for my of-topic question.
Elias

Last edited by a moderator: